Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominated his first Varsity meet...

Chats: 0

Okay, this kid absolutely does not need a new ball! Second meet he shot 245, 266 & 248 for 749 series. 30 frames CLEAN! Two splits, 6-7 and 2-4-8-10 he converted both. His argument for new equipment just got lost. You can't average 253 for a series and say "Dad, I need a new ball!"

I don't know what is going on with this kid but he's on fire. This has been going on for a while now. He was in a funk at the season start but he clearly ironed things out. I think I'm actually glad I can't bowl right now. I don't think I ever converted a 2-4-8-10. Not something I recall leaving more than a few time in my life but I'm sure I either left the sleeper or the 10 pin when I did.

This has been so much fun to watch. When he left the 2-4-8-10 he got so mad he ripped his mask off his face and ripped it in two and dropped it on the floor. I'm sorry, that was freaking hilarious! Everyone cracked up, including him. He got back up there, composed himself and did what he had to be done.

Try ripping a face mask in two, metal strip and all, it's not exactly easy. Quite impressive. Still... he needs to uh... NOT do that again. A little too Pete Weber for my rates. I want him to be a great bowler not a great meme.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

At least he do any thing that could have gotten him thrown out of the center.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    At least he do any thing that could have gotten him thrown out of the center.
    Nah, he's a goof but he's not an idiot.

He loves attracting attention to himself, not in a negative way. His favorite thing is drawing a crowd which he does tend to do quite frequently for some reason. He gets rather animated with his reactions on the approach. Not doing things like throwing things or kicking ball returns and punching tables. It's just the way he carries himself. He gets pumped up, especially when he trips a 4 pin or gets an insane messenger. They see him getting excited and are instinctively curious of why and want to see what's going on. He loves the game and it shows.

Whenever he's on the lanes there is always someone pointing, whispering, taking video with raised eyebrows. He knows they are there and he knows what their doing but he doesn't let it known to them. It makes him buckle down even more to give them something to talk about. I personally don't go out of my way to attract attention to myself. I mean I have back in the day. If people wanna watch then so be it, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty quiet and to myself when I'm on the lanes. Bowling just doesn't get me overly excited all that much. If he wants to add "Showman" to his resume' then that's okay.

If one of the people watching happen to be a scout, making yourself memorable in a positive way is never bad. Ripping apart masks like the Hulk doesn't fall in that category though. I'm sure that was a one and done deal. Nonetheless, it was still funny.
    Bowling Center Manager
    Arsenal consists of mainly 15# Motiv balls, I have several now and they are the bomb! Too many to list and carry. Still have a couple Hammer balls and my AMF RPM Swirl (old reliable) & 25+yr old Linds worth a mention
    Currently 535+ Rev Rate @ 19 MPH (This probably needs to be updated, I think I've toned each down a click or two these days. I'm letting the ball do more of the work as I get older.)

His team official took first for all the conferences this season, undefeatedhe shot 703 yesterday and again 30 frames clean. Saturday is an all day tournament. I don't have any information what it is and what it's for aside from that if they win they keep going until the end. If they lose they go home.

Now that the conferences are over, the next step is regionals or sectionals, I don't know which is which and how it works. All of this is rather new to me and sadly I miss more of them than I'm able to attend. Either way, very exciting! I know if they go to state and they will, I won't be missing that! Go Raiders!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12