Thread: A few Bowling boards questions

Chats: 0

Default A few Bowling boards questions

First, I accidentally hit "log out" the other day on my phone. Since then even if I click "Remember Me" it times out eventually and I have to log in again. A minor annoyance since it's just a thumbprint on my phone and in back in. I know there is a button on here somewhere that says "Keep me logged in" but I can't seem to find it. Is that only on the PC version?

Second, is there a way to get notifications on mobile if someone replies, comments or puts up a new post? Again, can't seem to find that anywhere on mobile. Or since this is browser based it can't be done as of it's a stand alone app like Facebook? To find these things out I usually click "What's new"

Lastly, is there a stand alone app for bowling boards and if not are there plans for one?

Note: I use the latest version of IOS which somehow still works on an iPhone 6x Plus. I'm shocked it's still supported.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    First, I accidentally hit "log out" the other day on my phone. Since then even if I click "Remember Me" it times out eventually and I have to log in again. A minor annoyance since it's just a thumbprint on my phone and in back in. I know there is a button on here somewhere that says "Keep me logged in" but I can't seem to find it. Is that only on the PC version?
    I think I remember there being time out issue happening along while back on the mobile site. If your on a mobile device you might try switching to "Desktop site" and then try logging in. Desktop site is in the 3 dots menu on the device at the top of the screen.

Now this link might take you to the 2nd log in page which you get if you type in your login wrong which might help
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/login.php?do=login

I don't remember there being a "Keep Me Logged in" button on this site just a remember me, Now "Remember Me" should be doing the same thing as a "Keep me Logged in".

Second, is there a way to get notifications on mobile if someone replies, comments or puts up a new post? Again, can't seem to find that anywhere on mobile. Or since this is browser based it can't be done as of it's a stand alone app like Facebook? To find these things out I usually click "What's new"
    when you make a post if you scroll down to additional option and check
    Subscription
    Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:

you can set it to email you.

Lastly, is there a stand alone app for bowling boards and if not are there plans for one?
    As far as I know no, No App or plans for one.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-11-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I think I remember there being time out issue happening along while back on the mobile site. If your on a mobile device you might try switching to "Desktop site" and then try logging in. Desktop site is in the 3 dots menu on the device at the top of the screen.

Now this link might take you to the 2nd log in page which you get if you type in your login wrong which might help
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/login.php?do=login

I don't remember there being a "Keep Me Logged in" button on this site just a remember me, Now "Remember Me" should be doing the same thing as a "Keep me Logged in".

when you make a post if you scroll down to additional option and check
    Subscription
    Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:

you can set it to email you.

As far as I know no, No App or plans for one.
    Thank you Bowl for taking the time to answer these. I’ll find a laptop and mess around with it and see what I come up with. Take care!