Thread: Took my brand new Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid for a spin today.

Chats: 0

Default Took my brand new Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid for a spin today.

Right out of the gate using it for the very first time I bowled a 203. I had 7 strikes the first game and only two opens. The second game I was trying things to see what this ball would do using it to pick up spares. I had to get an idea of that. So the second game was a 170. My average is 158. I couldn't believe how hard this ball hits the pocket. It goes down the alley in a controlled manner but then it reaches a certain point before the pins and just slams into the pocket. It was guess work where to stand. I used to have a reactive resin ball that was the Raw Hammer Anger ball. So I thought that I would stand where I did with that ball and it worked. It was a good guess on my part.

The pro shop guy used the same span and pitches that I have on my Blue Hammer urethane. I needed a ball that had more grab and life to hit the pocket. This ball does it real well. A couple of times the ball got away from me and instead of going over the second arrow that I was using it bellied out to the 2 board and came shooting back from there and gave me a solid strike. This happened twice. I was amazed to say the least. I told the pro shop guy about this and he said that is where I should throw this ball instead of over the second arrow. He said it is made for that. After the test run I can say that I love this ball. I tried three different wrist positions throwing this ball which were the bent back wrist and the flat and cupped wrist.

When I got home I had to break the news to mommy that I got a new ball. She said you got four balls now so get rid of one. I told her that I will get rid of my Blue Hammer. That ball just got to the point were I would be leaving a lot of 7 pins on my first ball. It just didn't have a strong drive to the pocket and good pin carry. So I am keeping my Columbia yellow dot that I bought in 1978 and my new Raw Hammer and my Columbia white dot for those pesky 7 pins that I leave every now and then. That Columbia yellow dot has a nice controlled hook to the pocket and still gets good carry. Not bad for a ball bought in 1978. It was my very first finger tip ball.
    Last edited by Hammer; 12-11-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

High Roller

Nice. Thinking about picking up a Raw pearl. PSO has one on the shelf and said it would be a good 3rd game ball for me. Gonna go practice early Tuesday and try moving more inside and see if I can get comfortable with it. Tried it before but gave up easily. Been watching reviews on the Raw and they look good.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Right out of the gate using it for the very first time I bowled a 203. I had 7 strikes the first game and only two opens. The second game I was trying things to see what this ball would do using it to pick up spares. I had to get an idea of that. So the second game was a 170. My average is 158. I couldn't believe how hard this ball hits the pocket. It goes down the alley in a controlled manner but then it reaches a certain point before the pins and just slams into the pocket. It was guess work where to stand. I used to have a reactive resin ball that was the Raw Hammer Anger ball. So I thought that I would stand where I did with that ball and it worked. It was a good guess on my part.

The pro shop guy used the same span and pitches that I have on my Blue Hammer urethane. I needed a ball that had more grab and life to hit the pocket. This ball does it real well. A couple of times the ball got away from me and instead of going over the second arrow that I was using it bellied out to the 2 board and came shooting back from there and gave me a solid strike. This happened twice. I was amazed to say the least. I told the pro shop guy about this and he said that is where I should throw this ball instead of over the second arrow. He said it is made for that. After the test run I can say that I love this ball. I tried three different wrist positions throwing this ball which were the bent back wrist and the flat and cupped wrist.

When I got home I had to break the news to mommy that I got a new ball. She said you got four balls now so get rid of one. I told her that I will get rid of my Blue Hammer. That ball just got to the point were I would be leaving a lot of 7 pins on my first ball. It just didn't have a strong drive to the pocket and good pin carry. So I am keeping my Columbia yellow dot that I bought in 1978 and my new Raw Hammer and my Columbia white dot for those pesky 7 that I leave every now and then. That Columbia yellow dot has a nice controlled hook to the pocket and still gets good carry. Not bad for a ball bought in 1978. It was my very first finger tip ball.
    Man don’t ditch the old blue! Put some polish on that puppy and give it a Simonize quality shine and use it for spares. Those old Faballs are great for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    Man don’t ditch the old blue! Put some polish on that puppy and give it a Simonize quality shine and use it for spares. Those old Faballs are great for it.
    My Blue Hammer isn't the Faball, mine is the newer one after that. I had the Fabal at one time before the newer one. This new Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid hits the pocket with some real power. I am really liking this ball.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.