Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have to watch football today =(

Chats: 0

Default I have to watch football today =(

My wife fulfilled my sons lifelong dream and for his birthday got him tickets to go see The Green Bay Packers play. My son (the bowler) is a die hard fan and always has been in his young life. How he even got into watching football I have no clue.

I have never watched a game since I was forced to in 1985 when the Bears won.I know NOTHING about football. I know more about common core algebra than football which isn’t much. I know figuring out 2+X=4 requires several sheets of paper, that’s it. Football on the other hand… I couldn’t tell you the last time the Chicago bears won the Stanley’s Cup and how many baskets they won it by. I think I remember the point guard getting a hole in 1 once. I dunno, my memory is fuzzy. I’m just trying to remember if they use the round ball with the black dots on it or the brown oval one for this?

Nonetheless, my wife and son are there today to watch Packers vs Bears in Green Bay. I have to watch the game in case they end up on camera. She got seats in the first row of the handicap section somewhere near the 50 yard line. I’m told they are good seats.

Hopefully the players, coaches and camera people stay there hell out of the way so I can identify two specs in a sea of thousands that are my two specs. Hopefully my younger spec isn’t doing something stupid like picking his nose or scratching himself if he happens to be on camera. I am starting a betting pool on it though just in case. I have better odds on that than betting on the score or outcome of the game.

So far my son is in all his glory, I’m happy we were able to make this happen for him. I’m also happy I got to stay home because of work. LOL I even have the car to myself this weekend, wifey got a rental! I hope they have a blast tonight, they needed it. I know he really wants to meet Aaron somebody, some player, towel boy or something he always talks about and get a picture and autograph from him. I’d rather have him meet Walter Ray or Norm Duke. Where I work that’s entirely possible too and way cooler!

Well his team won, he had a blast. I didn’t see my specs in spite of watching what I had no idea what I was watching. As long as they had fun.

High Roller

Yeah that guy hit a homerun on 4th down to win the game by 3 baskets
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Hey! Now you’re just being silly, I’ve seen Tennis before… they won by a grand slam! Now you see why I stick to bowling?

Pin Crusher

As a lifelong Wisconsin resident and Packer fan, I've been to probably 10 games. The lsat was just as good as the first, but none beat the feeling of the Monday Night game after 9-11. If you couldn't feel it that night, you're dead inside....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

I can see how watching football can be painful for someone who doesn't get the game or enjoy it. I feel that way about baseball (although . . . what's to understand? Stand there, adjust your junk, hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball)

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    I can see how watching football can be painful for someone who doesn't get the game or enjoy it. I feel that way about baseball (although . . . what's to understand? Stand there, adjust your junk, hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball)
    I'm that way about hockey and basketball. I enjoy watching golf more than those.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    All kidding aside, I get football, understand it (for the most part) but I just never got into it. I literally never watched it since 1985 super bowl. Just never been my thing. Baseball is the only pro sport besides bowling I do watch. Life long Cubs can.

I also played it as a kid, was on multiple teams and was the only freshmen varsity pitcher in high school. That is until a line drive broke my face and I quit. I also was on track until I blew out my knee and swimming and diving teams until I landed wrong and messed up my back. I apparently was not cut out or destined to be an athlete. Hence the reason I stuck with bowling, the chances from ending up disable from it are significantly less.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    That is until a line drive broke my face and I quit.
    HOLY COW . . . yeah. I broke my nose pretty significantly heading a ball in soccer (ended up being someone else's head) and then trying to catch a pitch during practice (no mask - dummy) . . . so yeah.

My nose has never been exactly small so it was a big target. Now it’s big and crooked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast