Thread: radical urethane

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default radical urethane

Just got an email that Radical is coming out with a urethane ball called the Double Cross. And heard the PSO say last week that he got an email that they were discontinuing the Counter Attack
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Just got an email that Radical is coming out with a urethane ball called the Double Cross. And heard the PSO say last week that he got an email that they were discontinuing the Counter Attack
    Unless you throw the ball about 20 mph with a rev rate of 450+ there is no reason in the world for you to throw urethane on a house shot!

High Roller

Yeah I have no plans of getting one. In fact talked to my PSO tonight and mentioned it and he said he doesn't think he will even order one for the shelf. Said the same thing you did, no reason to have it on a house shot. He said he would only order one if someone really wants one but other than that thats it.
    Just thought it was funny cause a few months ago I read somewhere where either Mo or Phil said Radical will never make a urethane ball.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yeah I have no plans of getting one. In fact talked to my PSO tonight and mentioned it and he said he doesn't think he will even order one for the shelf. Said the same thing you did, no reason to have it on a house shot. He said he would only order one if someone really wants one but other than that thats it.
    Just thought it was funny cause a few months ago I read somewhere where either Mo or Phil said Radical will never make a urethane ball.
    They will make whatever the market wants or demands. Urethane is "hot" right now and their pro staffers probably have been asking as well. Strike while the iron is hot.

The bowling ball market is such a racket. One of these days bowlers will realize what the manufacturers are doing and respond accordingly by closing their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Unless you throw the ball about 20 mph with a rev rate of 450+ there is no reason in the world for you to throw urethane on a house shot!
    I am with you RobLV1. There was a guy throwing a UC3 last night and he was on his way to a 730ish night but he averages in the 230's so he would have throwb that with pretty much anything on a house shot. I thought about a urethane but my ball speed and rev rate does not support it. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    One of these days bowlers will realize what the manufacturers are doing and respond accordingly by closing their wallets.
    never happen. LOL

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    never happen. LOL
    True, but it would be interesting to see some sort of movement take place that forces the manufacturers to reevaluate their new releases.

It is just amazing that they can continue to recycle cores and covers, change a ball color and name, and people can't seemingly get enough. Especially the Utah brands.

The USBC has pretty much capped the maximum performance of bowling balls. It isn't like the ball companies are going to come up with some sort of revolutionary technology that has never been seen before. Everything they make is limited with respect to hardness, coverstock absorption, coefficient of restitution, radius of gyration, differential, etc. They can claim to have all kinds of different "additives" they are adding to covers and different core materials that change CoR or whatever else their marketing team conjurs up. When I saw Brunswick's video for the new Quantum EVO line I literally laughed out loud. Scientists in lab coats pouring covers out of beakers! ROTFL! The reality is balls today are no different than balls from ~10 years ago in terms of capability.

Buy a new ball if you absolutely need one, but to buy a new ball just because the manufacturer tells you it is the strongest, or most angular, or will increase pin carry, or whatever else they spew is just a waste of money if you already have a ball that works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebWKwVP8-z0