Thread: Threw a few frames!!!

Chats: 0

Default Threw a few frames!!!

My rehab has been going extremely well with my neck/shoulder so far. My pain level has been very slight to nonexistent for over a week now. The only issue I seem to have is still the numbness in my pinky and ring finger.

My pointer finger is rather weak when doing certain tasks. Trying to write for example. My brain knows what I want to do but it just doesn't seem to work well. The other night I wanted a snack at like 3am and I found some "Easy Cheese" and Ritz crackers. I used my pointer finger to activate the nozzle to put cheese on the cracker and I'm pushing it and nothing was coming out?

I tried again... Nothing. I tried pressing really hard to where my hand was shaking... Nothing. "Okay... defective can?" I tried my thumb instead...SPLAT! Huge mess of cheese shot out everywhere. I looked at the can and said "EASY MY A**!! They lied!" Literally the strength of an infant in that finger to not be able to get cheese out.

Aside from that, no pain. I'm sleeping great too! For the first time in months I'm not rolling around the bed trying to get comfortable! I had some time to kill before work yesterday and my co-worker was bowling. I grabbed that 12lb ball and some house shoes and we bowled a baker style game together.

Well I didn't realize just how many revs I would have in a ball that light. The first one I threw just went zzzzzing! Right across the lane like it was without oil. I didn't quite expect that to happen especially with some random plastic ball off the rack drilled for me. Next ball I moved way left and hit the pocket.

Surprise! It hit like a 12lb plastic ball. LOL I threw 4 more frames with similar results, not one strike but I made my spares which of course were 10 pins. Most importantly I had no pain at all, during, after or even now. I'll do this probably every other day or so for the next two weeks.

If I stay out of pain throwing a bit more each time until I complete 3 games then I'll move back up to my regular balls. Maybe by the end of next month I can start some actual practice sessions working on things?

In the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing with all the treatments and exercises. That pain doctor was obviously wrong, the treatments are more than a bandaid! They took away my pain and pain was the problem, that sounds like a cure to me!

Yes the numbness and weakness is still an issue. If that doesn't get fixed by the treatment which it still might, then I will cave and get the injection into the nerve. I can live with this though, being annoyed while trying to write and making a mess with Easy Cheese is a small price to pay to be able to bowl again! I could just have wifey get sliced cheese and half my problems would be solved!

Okay so this is ridiculous! I came in early today so I could bowl a game with the 12... First ball I left a 2-10. I picked it up somehow. Then I throw the next 9 strikes in a row followed by a baby split which I chopped. Leaving me with a 277.

Now mind you, all I was doing was merely chucking this 12lb PLASTIC ball out there. For whatever reason I was carrying everything. Light hits, high hits and I even had a Brooklyn which I missed badly on. I probably wouldn't have done this on a normal day with my actual bowling balls being healthy. Absolutely hilarious. Bowling is such a funny game.

Maybe I should just keep this 12 lb'er and not care what I get every time? My coworkers were watching and couldn't believe it either.
    Last edited by Phonetek; 12-22-2021 at 01:09 PM.

I figured I'd try to post the score sheet so you guys don't think I'm just spewing hot air. Bare with me, not sure this will work

https://i.postimg.cc/7xSJJwhJ/358107...264-FC14-E.jpg

Okay it seems to have worked but it's sideways and it's just a link not a fancy photo in the post like you guys do. I'm shocked I got this far. Baby steps

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I figured I'd try to post the score sheet so you guys don't think I'm just spewing hot air. Bare with me, not sure this will work

https://i.postimg.cc/7xSJJwhJ/358107...264-FC14-E.jpg
    It worked! Of course we still have to take your word that this was you and not a case where you printed out someone's high game and then took a picture of it

Having seen a kid throw a 6 pound ball at 3mph and get a strike I believed you before you posted the printed score.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    It worked! Of course we still have to take your word that this was you and not a case where you printed out someone's high game and then took a picture of it.
    Okay good point, didn't think about that. Then again, it's too preposterous to make up. I do have better things to do you know. LOL I think I'm more impressed with myself posting the photo than the game.