Thread: oil tracks (or lack thereof)

High Roller
    Chats: 0

Default oil tracks (or lack thereof)

So in trying to read my PAP the other day I was looking for oil tracks. I'm used to not seeing any but the ball sits a good 5 minutes or so between shots and I'm usually playing in the lighter oiled part of the lane anyway. So the other night I was trying to see an oil track. Threw my Uppercut (2000 finish pearl), my Conspiracy solid (2000 finish) and even my plastic T-Zone. Threw them normal then even through them right down the middle in the oil. Not an oil track anywhere and the only oil I could see was a spot next to the thumbhole on my Conspiracy about 2" long. And this was as soon as the ball came back. My buddy was using an older reactive ball and had nice tracks on his so it wasn't from not having any oil on the lane.

So any idea why I'm not seeing any oil on my ball(s) when others do? Even throwing down the middle? Maybe because I freshen my surface more often so the oil soaks up quicker?

Planning on going next week to get my PAP and stuff checked but he might have a hard time if he can't see any oil on it.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 0

You may not see a glistening line of oil but you should see lines at least from the friction. Some balls it shows up better than others. The reactive balls suck it up fast. Try throwing a urethane or plastic, no good reason not to see it. Especially a fresh clean sanded urethane. The first ball it should be there plain as day.