Thread: Jason Belmonte on ESPN

Default Jason Belmonte on ESPN

Anyone see the show last night?
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Yeah, we kept checking into it until he came on. Now I know just what is meant by hyperbole. They did show Osku Palermaa, but not one mention that he's the first two hander Americans saw. They want to make Belmo the Tiger Woods of bowling, and I, for one, am very tired of it. The announcer might as well have been that movie announcer guy from the Geico commercial that passed away not too long ago. I suppose they're trying to "sell" to the general public ("a new, young, vibrant star...") but when I realize I'm being "sold" I actively resist. Well, I suppose no-one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Kevin in regards to Osku I have talked to a few current exmept players and they all say the same thing and that is that Jason is younger and very EZ to market. Should Osku have credit yes and as players of the game this is just like we all credit Glen Allison with the first 900 but jermey sonafield (not sure of spelling) will have that creidt to him.
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Well, my friend, your friends must not know how to calculate birthdays. Jason Belmonte, born July 29, 1983. Osku Palermaa, born November 18, 1983. By my calculations Osku is about 2 1/2 months YOUNGER. OK, I guess he IS the "quaizatz haderach," and the Tiger Woods of bowling. Let's see how he comes back after an injury. Or how he plays when he's my age. I'm very patient.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    Well, my friend, your friends must not know how to calculate birthdays. Jason Belmonte, born July 29, 1983. Osku Palermaa, born November 18, 1983. By my calculations Osku is about 2 1/2 months YOUNGER. OK, I guess he IS the "quaizatz haderach," and the Tiger Woods of bowling. Let's see how he comes back after an injury. Or how he plays when he's my age. I'm very patient.
    LOL
    Yeah im looking to see what he dose this year .....Is it oct yet ?
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Osku's website:

http://www.oskupalermaa.fi/
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Belmo is so sweet.. I dont know how that kid can bowl so great though!