Thread: Back to hitting up on the ball

Chats: 0

Default Back to hitting up on the ball

Hitting up and extremely late timing again it seems. I assume I'm doing this because I went back to the 15# and it feels like it's made out of solid steel compared to the 12? I guess I'm giving it the Vulcan death grip? I dunno, what do you guys think?

I wanted to post a video but apparently the sure I'm using only does photos😞

High Roller

What I do is upload my video to youtube then put the link in my post. Not sure if there is a better way
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Just using a heavier ball will not make you hit up on it as long as you just roll it. Using 15# and trying to make it feel like a 12# will make you hit up on it. Just roll it!

Another words, I’m trying to make a 15 do what the 12 did which at this time isn’t physically possible for me?

I buy that. I am a very stubborn man who wants nothing more to be the bowler I once was and better before I stopped to have a family. Unfortunately I chose to stop during my prime of life, now it’s too late to be that person and I’m in denial.

This is why when I’m on the lanes I push myself so hard, too hard, then 3 days later can’t bend down to pick up a freaking quarter without screeching. It feels good while I’m bowling so I tell myself I’ll be fine, until later when I’m not.

I keep saying “Screw you body! I’ll do what I want!” The body goes along with it then says later “Told you so!” Problem is, I’m going to do it again and again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Until body says “Okay you’re REALLY finished this time!”

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I buy that. I am a very stubborn man who wants nothing more to be the bowler I once was and better before I stopped to have a family. Unfortunately I chose to stop during my prime of life, now it’s too late to be that person and I’m in denial.
    I guess you'll just have to figure out how to be better because you're smarter rather than stronger! Sorry for the obvious sarcasm, but at 72 years old with several grandchildren, I find your comment extremely offensive. While at my age on an easy pair of lanes, I can't compete with the younger and stronger, put me on a tough pair and I'll hurt you. Learn to use your brain... it's much easier on your body!

With what I recall of your posts you've had some difficult physical issues.
    If I were you, I'd just be pleased that I could get on the lanes and get the ball down the lane.
    When I found a decent coach several years ago, I learned that I was working way too hard and was trying to make the ball hook, etc. The coach taught me about allowing gravity to do the work and to get me out of the way of the ball and let it knock down the pins. Unfortunately I can do that pretty good some days and others I go back to my old tricks again or try to anyway.
    My daughter was in town last week and she took a short video of me and sure enough I was doing some things that I thought I had overcome. I'll have to pay attention to the bad habits and see if I can get back on track. This season my spare shooting has improved with a rise in ball speed of probably 2 mph. First ball speed is up a little, too and my average improved by about 20 pins since last year.
    Hope your fever and all that goes away. Best of luck Phoney... Happy New Year...

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I guess you'll just have to figure out how to be better because you're smarter rather than stronger! Sorry for the obvious sarcasm, but at 72 years old with several grandchildren, I find your comment extremely offensive. While at my age on an easy pair of lanes, I can't compete with the younger and stronger, put me on a tough pair and I'll hurt you. Learn to use your brain... it's much easier on your body!
    I can't ever recall offending anyone while insulting myself before? The point is, I'm no longer younger and stronger but keep thinking I am. I'm at that time in my life where I guess I'm having a tough time with the transition to older and smarter. I don't have the urge to go pick up a Harley or trade my Tahoe for a Corvette but I guess this could be considered my mini mid life crisis.

It is a world of opposites. If you aren't going to trade your Tahoe for a Corvette, how about trading your youthful strength for your mature finesse?

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It is a world of opposites. If you aren't going to trade your Tahoe for a Corvette, how about trading your youthful strength for your mature finesse?
    It looks like I have no choice but eloquently put.