Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think it got me?

Chats: 0

As the great philosopher "Mercury" once said "Another one bites the dust.". Wife & son are now Covid positive. Damn, this better not mean I'm off work even longer!

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    As the great philosopher "Mercury" once said "Another one bites the dust.". Wife & son are now Covid positive. Damn, this better not mean I'm off work even longer!
    ugh. Hope everyone feels better soon
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    ugh. Hope everyone feels better soon
    I'm okay now. Just a tad tired but sick of sleeping. Still blowing my nose 500 times a day but feeling alright. Now I have to be the nurse lol

Ringer

This thing spreads quickly, that's for sure! Hope you all feel better soon!

Not sure how it all works. From what I have heard, it is stay-at-home for 5 full days after testing positive. Get antigen test. If negative, you are good. If still positive, stay-at-home another 5 full days. Get antigen test. Rinse and repeat

The guidance seems to change daily, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    This thing spreads quickly, that's for sure! Hope you all feel better soon!

Not sure how it all works. From what I have heard, it is stay-at-home for 5 full days after testing positive. Get antigen test. If negative, you are good. If still positive, stay-at-home another 5 full days. Get antigen test. Rinse and repeat

The guidance seems to change daily, so who knows.
    Yeah I dunno. Since yesterday now I'm getting a few new symptoms piling on. I thought I was over the hump but maybe I spoke too soon? Wife and son are at the beginning and still fighting the fever which is higher than mine was.

Last I was told by boss was I can't come back until wed unless I test negative sooner. At this rate I'm skeptical. All I know is this sucks on many levels. I fully expect my oldest son and my daughter to be next.

As long as it's ripping through my family I don't see how I will test negative until it's run it course through everyone. Even if I do I don't want to carry it around and give it to others. I'm all about being generous and giving but not this way! I may be down for longer than expected. Not getting paid for missing work is going to sting for sure.

High Roller

Yeah I dunno. Since yesterday now I'm getting a few new symptoms piling on. I thought I was over the hump but maybe I spoke too soon? Wife and son are at the beginning and still fighting the fever which is higher than mine was.

Last I was told by boss was I can't come back until wed unless I test negative sooner. At this rate I'm skeptical. All I know is this sucks on many levels. I fully expect my oldest son and my daughter to be next.

As long as it's ripping through my family I don't see how I will test negative until it's run it course through everyone. Even if I do I don't want to carry it around and give it to others. I'm all about being generous and giving but not this way! I may be down for longer than expected. Not getting paid for missing work is going to sting for sure.
    When I had it it started on a Monday morning shortly after I got up. That was the worst day. Headache went away by Monday afternoon but still have chills and shivering. Woke up Tuesday feeling like crap so called off work. Took about a 90 minute bath in very hot water then laid back down in bed for a couple of hours. By mid day I felt fine. Figured it was a 24 hour bug. Woke up Wednesday morning and felt sick again but good enough to not miss work (I work from home). By Friday I was back to about 90% so yeah, mine was like 2 stages too and I have heard that from a few people.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

It's funny how this thing spreads. We have had people at bowling get it, yet the relatives they live with never caught it. Then you see the guidance that says to isolate yourself from other family members in the same household, don't touch your pets (the pets fur can carry the virus, then other family members touch the pet ), wear a mask if you must be in the same room or share a bathroom, etc. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    It's funny how this thing spreads. We have had people at bowling get it, yet the relatives they live with never caught it. Then you see the guidance that says to isolate yourself from other family members in the same household, don't touch your pets (the pets fur can carry the virus, then other family members touch the pet ), wear a mask if you must be in the same room or share a bathroom, etc. It's crazy.
    It's ridiculous to try to isolate from family in the same house. If you're in a room that actually sealed air tight then it would be possible. If you have Central heating then the air you breathe is just getting sucked in and being blown all around the house anyway. As far as masks? I'm not wearing one in the house. LOL

As for the pets, that's not been proven. Since this is an airborne virus, it's transmitted through the air moreso than surfaces. A pet would technically be a surface, I'm sure it's possible but a more difficult way to become infected.

I mean, if spreading this thing meant certain death to my family then yeah I'd do anything possible to avoid spreading it. Heck, soon as my first symptom I probably have went and locked myself away renting a cabin in the woods. As it stands, it's an annoyance and it sucks but chances are we'll be just fine fairly soon and we can move on.

Once I'm good I'm going right back to work doing the same thing I have been doing. Wearing a mask, washing hands. If it happens again then it happens again, it obviously can't really be 100% avoided outside of becoming a agoraphobic and growing your own food.

I love where I work. Initially I was told they did pay for Covid time off. Boss called to do wellness check which was very nice. He also let me know that in spite off being fairly new that they reconsidered not paying. That was completely unexpected. They really know how to take care of people. I know the last place wouldn't have done that and probably wrote me up. They probably would have been bugging me 20 times a day too.

Apparently we now have a total of 9 people out with this crap not including the pro shop people which is remaining closed for now. So the center is barely getting by with a skeleton crew. On on any given night we have 4-5 at main counter, 2 at counter 2, 2-3 porters, 2-3 mechanics, 5 bar tenders and 4-5 in kitchen. 9 is a pretty big hit in the groin. Pro shop is kinda their own thing and there is usually 3 people there minimum.

High Roller

Yeah I was told we would get time off for going to get the vax and also if we had side effects from the shot. Biden said that on TV. When I scheduled my shot I was told no then after my first shot I couldn't raise my arm over my head and it was very sore. Also didn't feel too well. Talked to the company and they said too bad. They said it was up to each individual company as to how they handle it.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast