Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think it got me?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    Yeah I was told we would get time off for going to get the vax and also if we had side effects from the shot. Biden said that on TV. When I scheduled my shot I was told no then after my first shot I couldn't raise my arm over my head and it was very sore. Also didn't feel too well. Talked to the company and they said too bad. They said it was up to each individual company as to how they handle it.
    With the kind of money you make I can understand! No that sucks, it's not your fault. I guess companies have been getting burned too much by people claiming they have Covid that don't. I guess they REALLY like me over here. I don't know that they're necessarily doing it for everyone either. Probably not the part timers. I easily put in at least 60 hours a week if not more.

The government SHOULD be helping businesses out with this in my opinion. It shouldn't fall on the owners to foot the bill for something they obviously failed to protect their citizens from. Plus look... Nearly 2 years into it and it's as bad as it ever was! We had nearly 42k new cases in IL today which I think is higher than any 2020 numbers and it's been rather quiet in Springfield.

I'm pretty sure our governor is afraid to make any moves right now. If he imposes another lockdown I'm pretty sure that would seal his fate against any chance of getting reelected.

Ringer

My company gives you time to get the vaccine. By that it basically means if you have to get it during work hours you don't have to clock out. Go get the shot and come right back to work. If you get the virus, you either work remotely if you can still be productive or use paid vacation. If you run out of paid vacation time while recovering then you basically have to go on unpaid FMLA.

At bowling last night I wiped down my seat and table with a disinfectant wipe when I arrived. The wipe was dark brown afterwards, which just proved that they aren't cleaning very well. Some dirt is one thing, but for the wipe to be dark brown is just disgusting. There were over 100 people in the center, and only 3 people (me, 1 employee, 1 other bowler) masked. No wonder our center is a known hot spot.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post

At bowling last night I wiped down my seat and table with a disinfectant wipe when I arrived. The wipe was dark brown afterwards, which just proved that they aren't cleaning very well. Some dirt is one thing, but for the wipe to be dark brown is just disgusting. There were over 100 people in the center, and only 3 people (me, 1 employee, 1 other bowler) masked. No wonder our center is a known hot spot.
    In our center the pro shop employees, at least the ones dealing with the customers kept wearing masks long after the state, town and bowling center dropped their mask requirement. The state is leaving mask mandates up to the towns and cities. The town where the center is located is so far not imposing a mandate. The center is not requiring its customers to wear masks, but he employees are back to wearing them.

My Thursday league had one forfeit due to a combination of recovering from heart surgery, vacation, and COVID. About 30-40% of the bowlers are wearing masks in this league. There were a number of high school teams practicing while we were there, all of their bowlers wearing masks

For our youth league we were going to relax from every participant must wear a mask to only making the unvaccinated wear them. At the last minute we decided to keep the old rule in effect.
    John

High Roller

So back to Intellivision....lol. I remember 2 names of basketball players...Kirby Hoover and R.U. Thayer...lol. Have to ask my friend if he still has it. I never had any gaming consoles. We couldn't afford them...lol. Seriously. I did get a used 2600 once they were outdated but that's it. My friend always got the newest ones when they came out so I played his.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    So back to Intellivision....lol. I remember 2 names of basketball players...Kirby Hoover and R.U. Thayer...lol. Have to ask my friend if he still has it. I never had any gaming consoles. We couldn't afford them...lol. Seriously. I did get a used 2600 once they were outdated but that's it. My friend always got the newest ones when they came out so I played his.
    I remember when we saw Kirby Hoover my friend said 'I bet they named him that cause he pulls in alot of rebounds (get it...vacuum cleaner names). To which I replied, or cause he sucks...lol. Get it? Vacuum cleaner? Sucks? lol. Well I thought it was funny. But then again I was about 12 years old...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Symptoms finally have subsided for the most part. Went and got retested. Hope to hear back by tomorrow night so I can maybe get back to work on Wed . Wish me luck

Ringer

My family got hit with a nasty cold - having had Covid, I honestly almost wish I had that instead of this. No fever but cough and congestion and blech. Gone on for a week now. I got tested (for return to work) last Monday but didn't get results back in time to go back to work (max of 72 hours - got my results 98 hours after. :/ TY Kaiser) but was negative so that was good. Tested again today and got my booster.

My thoughts with ya, Phone. Good to hear you've got a good backing!

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    My family got hit with a nasty cold - having had Covid, I honestly almost wish I had that instead of this. No fever but cough and congestion and blech. Gone on for a week now. I got tested (for return to work) last Monday but didn't get results back in time to go back to work (max of 72 hours - got my results 98 hours after. :/ TY Kaiser) but was negative so that was good. Tested again today and got my booster.

My thoughts with ya, Phone. Good to hear you've got a good backing!
    Yeah my normal colds were way worse than COVID. That said, don't want to push my luck with COVID either. Extremely unlikely anything serious would come from it but have heard stories
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

I'm told now that I've had it that I have to wait 30 days for booster. I guess the only piece of mind about having it is, having it and it didn't mess is up. I've been much sicker before with double pneumonia, mono and even a bought with viral spinal meningitis. This was a cake walk in comparison.

I'll probably have the cough for a while but I can deal with it. I'll just be glad to be back out in the world doing what I like to do again.

I've been medically cleared. I'm no longer typhoid Mary. Feeling pretty good, just a lingering cough but I guess that's to be expected. Going back to life as normal.

Hopefully I got this out of the way now and won't have to deal with it again. This wasn't fun. I'll still keep my distance from people though just in case. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast