Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demo days?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    I would definitely go if they gave out that info
    You've truly become obsessed with your stats. LOL With all the love in the world my friend... just roll the damn ball and don't worry so much about numbers. I'm starting to realize myself that the numbers are what they are and unless you do something drastic. They are going to only change an insignificant amount to help or hurt anything. To use them for anything more than "it's nice to know this" they are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Especially at our age and level. Again, with all the love in the world.

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    You've truly become obsessed with your stats. LOL With all the love in the world my friend... just roll the damn ball and don't worry so much about numbers. I'm starting to realize myself that the numbers are what they are and unless you do something drastic. They are going to only change an insignificant amount to help or hurt anything. To use them for anything more than "it's nice to know this" they are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Especially at our age and level. Again, with all the love in the world.
    You are probably right but I'm a numbers nerd. Like big time...lol. My best friend still makes fun of me cause when we were little we would play his Intellivision baseball and I wrote down stats for every player and kept a whole seasons worth in a notebook...lol. True story.
    But yeah it is all in just curiousity but on the other hand if I have 2 balls I really like with similar layouts then it might be something I want to stick with. Granted surface and to a lesser degree, cores will make a difference too. But yeah sometimes I dig too deep and miss the forest through the trees. But I've been doing it since I was little....lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

You are probably right but I'm a numbers nerd. Like big time...lol. My best friend still makes fun of me cause when we were little we would play his Intellivision baseball and I wrote down stats for every player and kept a whole seasons worth in a notebook...lol. True story.
    But yeah it is all in just curiousity but on the other hand if I have 2 balls I really like with similar layouts then it might be something I want to stick with. Granted surface and to a lesser degree, cores will make a difference too. But yeah sometimes I dig too deep and miss the forest through the trees. But I've been doing it since I was little....lol
    Intellivision baseball players had stats? They were stick men, there were no stats for the players in those days. You were either the green stick men which the active one turned back or the wonky orange stick men which I think the active one turned red.

Believe it or not, I still have my intellivision. I actually have 3 of them and every cartridge they ever made from it. At least one copy of every game, some still sealed in the box. I modified one until by soldering on a gold RCA connector and hook it to the TV with a gold monster RCA cable. The picture quality is perfect. The stick men look amazing!

Let's just say it was an obsession many years ago when I first started using eBay. I did the same with Atari 2600. LOL I've grown past that phase but let's just say I still have it all and it functions perfectly to this day.

High Roller

Intellivision baseball players had stats? They were stick men, there were no stats for the players in those days. You were either the green stick men which the active one turned back or the wonky orange stick men which I think the active one turned red.

Believe it or not, I still have my intellivision. I actually have 3 of them and every cartridge they ever made from it. At least one copy of every game, some still sealed in the box. I modified one until by soldering on a gold RCA connector and hook it to the TV with a gold monster RCA cable. The picture quality is perfect. The stick men look amazing!

Let's just say it was an obsession many years ago when I first started using eBay. I did the same with Atari 2600. LOL I've grown past that phase but let's just say I still have it all and it functions perfectly to this day.
    lol. Yeah, no stats. That's why I kept my own. Every single, double, triple, HR, strikeout and walk for each player. Stolen bases, runs scored and RBI's too. Wrote it all down in a notebook. Same with the basketball. Remember Kirby Hoover? lol. But me and him still talk about how awesome we used to think the graphics were on that system...lol. Little did we know.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

lol. Yeah, no stats. That's why I kept my own. Every single, double, triple, HR, strikeout and walk for each player. Stolen bases, runs scored and RBI's too. Wrote it all down in a notebook. Same with the basketball. Remember Kirby Hoover? lol. But me and him still talk about how awesome we used to think the graphics were on that system...lol. Little did we know.
    Hey don't knock the running man gaming system. It's still the bomb! That when video games were actually hard. You needed real hand eye coordination. Basketball was great! The rim shot sound is epic! Boooiing! I absolutely lost it cracking up when I was a kid the first time I heard that. I missed on purpose!

Confession, I made a play book for the football game of all the possible codes you had to punch in for offensive plays. Four digits for every play. Unless you punted I think you hit 8 or 5 and a run play was 7-5. Everything else was 4 digits or you got BUZZ! "9-1-2-5 enter" was a sure touchdown every time! I did it on a manual typewriter and made a cover I colored it with markers and everything. I did this when I was like 10. Why I remember this I have no idea. Pretty sure mom still has it. Now you see why I spent so much time in bowling alleys?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I second the idea that our task ( almost wrote job but I don’t think any of us here get paid to bowl ) is to roll the ball as consistently as possible and knock down pins. However knowing a bowler’s stats is invaluable to the ball driller in laying the ball out to give the customer the results that they want. And since people move, good PSOs retire and sell their businesses to hacks, etc. it’s a good idea to know your own stats and perhaps layouts that work well for you in case you need to go to a different pro shop some day.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I second the idea that our task ( almost wrote job but I don’t think any of us here get paid to bowl ) is to roll the ball as consistently as possible and knock down pins. However knowing a bowler’s stats is invaluable to the ball driller in laying the ball out to give the customer the results that they want. And since people move, good PSOs retire and sell their businesses to hacks, etc. it’s a good idea to know your own stats and perhaps layouts that work well for you in case you need to go to a different pro shop some day.
    Hey man! This post is about vintage video games now! Bringing bowling back into it is killing our buzz!

Seriously though, yeah I guess to a PSO it comes in handy. It does help more than getting a copy of your specs from the PSO and having them watch you throw. The more info the better. That said, Boaty tends to get twisted in knots about numbers that he shouldn't really worry about for the purpose of his game.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Hey man! This post is about vintage video games now! Bringing bowling back into it is killing our buzz!

Seriously though, yeah I guess to a PSO it comes in handy. It does help more than getting a copy of your specs from the PSO and having them watch you throw. The more info the better. That said, Boaty tends to get twisted in knots about numbers that he shouldn't really worry about for the purpose of his game.
    Sorry Phonetek, just call me Mr. Buzzkill.
    John

High Roller

My PSO never got any of my numbers so I couldn't get them from him. The shop I went to for the Altered Reality got them. I think every ball I have is a little different from each other. All pin up but some the pin is above the ring finger, some above the middle finger, some kicked out to the side, etc.
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

My PSO never got any of my numbers so I couldn't get them from him. The shop I went to for the Altered Reality got them. I think every ball I have is a little different from each other. All pin up but some the pin is above the ring finger, some above the middle finger, some kicked out to the side, etc.
    Awe man! Now you did it too! You guys are no fun anymore. You're giving people the impression this site is all about bowling or something. SMH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast