Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considerations for Arsenal 7.0

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Hey - welcome! Good to see ya!

so your recovery is longer than a whole new knee? Wow!!! Glad to see you're doing better and getting back in the swing of things.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    so your recovery is longer than a whole new knee? Wow!!! Glad to see you're doing better and getting back in the swing of things.
    Apparently, the Achilles is a rather crucial tendon to every imaginable movement. I actually would be able to bowl had I just injured the knee of my push-off leg. Now, if I injured my slide knee...I'd probably be retired from bowling. The Achilles on my push -off leg is certainly more important that I thought it was...but my slide knee is pretty much everything. It provides power and supports the vast majority of my weight. I lose that knee, I'm done. I thought THAT would be the injury that ultimately caught up with me...never thought it'd be the other leg.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Yeah - I replaced my left (slide) knee in Thanksgiving break 2019 (nice timing, eh? LOL) and was off work for 2 months, then started work right when we all shut down (so work from home) and started bowling again off and on with the whole off and on thing.

but was out walking several miles per day in February of 20 (doctors mandated it) but I can see the Achilles being a different animal. Stretchy - compress - stretchy - repeat. Ugh. For my knee, it was to build the flexibility up and to not lose strength in the muscles. I mean, hey, they did whack off the ends of my bones and glue on cobalt-steel pieces. . .but that's not going to be affected by tendon-tears.

Glad to see you're back up and running.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12