Thread: Bowling equipment anyone?

Chats: 0

Default Bowling equipment anyone?

This is the paddock for all the equipment for this college tournament. This isn't even all of it! We estimated about 4 million worth if not more. Insane!

WOW!! That's a lot of equipment in one place. How do they even figure out whos is whos. Makes the manufactures happy. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Quote Originally Posted by SRB57 View Post
    WOW!! That's a lot of equipment in one place. How do they even figure out whos is whos. Makes the manufactures happy. Steve
    Our job is merely to put it under lock and key and keep it safe. It's their problem to figure out who's is who's. LMAO

It's an awesome sight to see though.

High Roller

I'd hate to be one of the ones with my bag right in the middle and needing a ball from it...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

How many schools are bowling in this tournament?

I'd have to check on that. I know there were originally 180 teams, split between guys and girls. However due to a snow storm and Covid we ended up with 140 teams.

I was disappointed that Witchita state dropped out. I really wanted to see them because they are known for being the elite. Plus that's where my son wants to go.

However, in talking with the tournament staff, the BPAA president and USBC officials, Witchita isn't necessarily the top dog these days. There are some that are fighting for that spot and may be better.

I do not know the results of who won, it was still being calculated when I left. Saturday was the team competition and yesterday was the Bakers round. 20 games! I can say without a doubt there are some world class elite bowlers that were there. Both guys and girls.

Not only were they great bowlers but every single one of them conducted themselves in a very professional manner. No kicking ball returns, shouting vulgarities or any unsportsmanlike conduct at all whatsoever. There only downside is not a single bowler sat down between shots just like the high school kids. It makes spectating difficult. I mean not from the counter because we're up higher but as a parent all you can do is find out what's going on by the cheering or the monitors. LOL

I love these parascope things that people make out of boxes and mirrors people use to see. Or people attach cell phones to makeshift booms they hold up. We don't allow ladders or platforms to stand on.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I'd have to check on that. I know there were originally 180 teams, split between guys and girls. However due to a snow storm and Covid we ended up with 140 teams.

I was disappointed that Witchita state dropped out. I really wanted to see them because they are known for being the elite. Plus that's where my son wants to go.

However, in talking with the tournament staff, the BPAA president and USBC officials, Witchita isn't necessarily the top dog these days. There are some that are fighting for that spot and may be better.

I do not know the results of who won, it was still being calculated when I left. Saturday was the team competition and yesterday was the Bakers round. 20 games! I can say without a doubt there are some world class elite bowlers that were there. Both guys and girls.

Not only were they great bowlers but every single one of them conducted themselves in a very professional manner. No kicking ball returns, shouting vulgarities or any unsportsmanlike conduct at all whatsoever. There only downside is not a single bowler sat down between shots just like the high school kids. It makes spectating difficult. I mean not from the counter because we're up higher but as a parent all you can do is find out what's going on by the cheering or the monitors. LOL

I love these parascope things that people make out of boxes and mirrors people use to see. Or people attach cell phones to makeshift booms they hold up. We don't allow ladders or platforms to stand on.
    What was the format? Standard team bowling or Baker format? I kind of understand the not sitting down thing. The last college event I attended in this area no one sat down for practice or during competition. They all crowded around each other in the settee area to talk or interface with coaches. Some parents actually brought ladders to stand on so they could use cameras or just see the action.

It was both. Saturday team format, Sunday Bakers

Ringer

Some of the attitudes of the college bowlers was a bit much when they were here. They would come in their team buses/vans after regular house leagues ended at 9PM to practice. Some of the more known teams such as McKendree [but I am not singling them out at all] would roll in like they owned the place and we were simply in their way. There is a fine line between quiet confidence and arrogance, and that line was crossed by several of the teams even during practice. It was not very impressive.