Thread: 8 games tonight... Not too shabby

Chats: 0

Default 8 games tonight... Not too shabby

My son wanted to bowl with me tonight. Of course the last thing I wanted to do was go to work on my day off. However, it's been months since I was able to bowl with him so I couldn't say no. We did 8 games.

I started fairly strong, hitting well with a 211. Second game I decided to give the fatal venom another try after two opens. I strung 8 in a row then swing it wide leaving a ten pin which I whiffed. Ended with a 246 with 3 opens. That ended up being my pb fort the night.

I whiffed all but 2 ten pins all night which was extremely out of character for me. Usually I'd miss one MAYBE 2 in 20. It was frustrating to say the least. One of the two I picked up my son left, he said "Here dad, you need the practice" of course I make that one. LOL

All and all we did well. I was satisfied with my scores. More importantly I realized how much I missed bowling with him and vise versa. We weren't competing, just a father an son shooting some games together, nothing more. I got to exercise some balls I haven't used much. I left all my usual balls at home. It was a good time, glad we went.

Whoa, a few hours later I'm noticing some pretty good amount of pain where my fingers meet my palm in the palm. Kinda hard to make a fist, a weak one at that. Not much grip strength there.

I've been using that ball of silly puddy every day. I guess my hand muscles forgot their memory. Plus using a bunch of different balls tonight with various insert fits due to different wear probably didn't help. I'm sure I'll be sore a couple days. No pain no gain. It was still worth it, shoulder is fine though.

I woke up today and it's much better. Still can't make a very tight fist but it doesn't hurt anymore. I guess it's just my hand re-learning.