Thread: New member from south of Boston, MA

Default New member from south of Boston, MA

Greetings!

I learned of this site when Chris commented on my blog, and, though I already consider another bowling forum site "home", this one looked good enough to want to pay it at least an occasional visit.

I started league bowling in the late 80s, the time of the early-generation urethane balls and just before the "three-unit rule." I consider a small tournament win at my home center, Westgate Lanes, as one of my life's greatest accomplishments, and I also had my 268 personal-best game in that period.

Lack of income and the wish to hit the karaoke contest trail caused me to leave the game in the early 90s, but I always had the feeling I would return, and that happened about a year and a half ago. I had had double heel fractures over 9 years ago, and the one time I went bowling before my serious return, I couldn't really get the ball down the lane because my legs were still weak from being more or less off of my feet for five months. It will be 2 years ago in June that my brother asked if I wanted to have a bowling outing with him again, and something about that outing got me thinking that I could make a comeback. I started my bowling blog as a journal of my comeback attempt, which has, after returning to league play last summer and being better than I was in my former bowling life (at least in average), become more of a successful comeback than an attempt. I currently bowl in the Brunswick Mixed League at my home center, and carry a 180 average (I'll track this stuff in my signature).

The blog has evolved into more than just a personal bowling journal, as I post news out of my home center, as well as go into commentary about stuff on the national (and, sometimes, international) bowling scene. There is also an occasional "Cross-training" feature, where I post news I find about athletes in the other major professional sports doing bowling stuff, such as charity tournaments. My blog's sidebar also has a good list of links to other bowling sites, including other bowling blogs.

I do hope to post at least occasionally, so I'll check in here from time to time. I hope I get the same welcome here as I did on my "home" forums. My blog is linked in my signature, so I hope you check it out.
    Career Highs

Average: 197 (2008 summer league)
    Book: 183
    Game: 268
    Series: 694

Summer League

Average (21 games): 182
    High Game: 245
    High Series: 618

In the bag (15 lbs.)

Storm Hy-Road, OOB, 3 3/8" X 2 1/2" (weight hole on axis; pin next to ring finger)
    Circle High-Voltage, OOB, 3" X 4" (pin next to ring finger)
    Red, black, gold Brunswick Target Zone (spares)

The Tenth Board: A blog (mostly) about tenpin bowling in the Bay State's "City of Champions"

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Hello and Welcome to BowlingBoards.com

I am honored that you are here.

I found your blog amazing and wonderful in every aspect of the word.

I hope that we can exceed any and all expectations that you may have. Again we may never be your "home" yet another outlet.

Thanks again

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

Welcome to this great site!!

My name is Anneke and I am from Michigan.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Welcome to the site! I look forward to your input!
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Thanks everyone (even those who've yet to reply).

Chris, found something to like about the board already...most boards I'm on (including my non-bowling boards) limit signatures to a certain number of characters (including formatting tags and link/image URLs). On this board, I'm able to get in everything I would want to get in my signature (including my "meager" arsenal, though that should grow with time).
    Last edited by Richie V.; 03-04-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Career Highs

Average: 197 (2008 summer league)
    Book: 183
    Game: 268
    Series: 694

Summer League

Average (21 games): 182
    High Game: 245
    High Series: 618

In the bag (15 lbs.)

Storm Hy-Road, OOB, 3 3/8" X 2 1/2" (weight hole on axis; pin next to ring finger)
    Circle High-Voltage, OOB, 3" X 4" (pin next to ring finger)
    Red, black, gold Brunswick Target Zone (spares)

The Tenth Board: A blog (mostly) about tenpin bowling in the Bay State's "City of Champions"

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Hello ....Welcome .....glad ya found us and GOOOOOOOOO Yankees

~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richie V. View Post
    Thanks everyone (even those who've yet to reply).

Chris, found something to like about the board already...most boards I'm on (including my non-bowling boards) limit signatures to a certain number of characters (including formatting tags and link/image URLs). On this board, I'm able to get in everything I would want to get in my signature (including my "meager" arsenal, though that should grow with time).

Really BowlingBoards.com is a bowling site for bowlers. We do not break the bowling forum standard rules, WE MAKE THEM!!!
    Go Broncos!

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Welcome, and you are now my nomination for the Brian Piccolo comeback award. I'll have to check out your blog, it sounds very interesting. Plus, it looks like you can spell. Have fun, and I hope to see you posting.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries

Hoo kares abut speling?
    Go Broncos!