Thread: How the heck?

Chats: 0

Default How the heck?

First time in my entire life I left a 3-10 baby split and got a field goal. I didn't so much as wiggle either pin and went right between them. I've seen videos of people doing it but not being an aggressive cranker I never thought it was something I was capable of. One for the books for sure.

Doing that is far harder than picking it up, I think you should be awarded a sympathy spare!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    First time in my entire life I left a 3-10 baby split and got a field goal. I didn't so much as wiggle either pin and went right between them. I've seen videos of people doing it but not being an aggressive cranker I never thought it was something I was capable of. One for the books for sure.

Doing that is far harder than picking it up, I think you should be awarded a sympathy spare!
    I think this is a demonstration of how much hook or curve is provided by modern bowling balls, assuming you didn’t throw something like a T-Zone at it.

Forget the sympathy spare. You have to start betting that you can do tis on purpose😉
    John

No, it was my old faball polished black Hammer which I use as a spare ball. It has no core to speak of and nothing fancy. I threw it flat wristed at 18.2 mph cross lane with minimal rotation.

It's like it just had a mind of it's own and didn't want to hit the pins. I never seen anything like it. I certainly didn't try to do that and couldn't if I wanted to. I know I'll never do it again.

It was a Hammer so 3 for 3! Yeah I said it and I don't give a...

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    No, it was my old faball polished black Hammer which I use as a spare ball. It has no core to speak of and nothing fancy. I threw it flat wristed at 18.2 mph cross lane with minimal rotation.

It's like it just had a mind of it's own and didn't want to hit the pins. I never seen anything like it. I certainly didn't try to do that and couldn't if I wanted to. I know I'll never do it again.

It was a Hammer so 3 for 3! Yeah I said it and I don't give a...
    I stand corrected. Does your center have its own Bermuda Triangle/Twilight Zone where weird things seem to happen.
    John

I know right

Many, many years ago, back in the urethane days, the center where I was bowling would strip the lanes once a week, on Mondays. It so happened that I decided one season to join a Monday night league. One evening, I got a 3-10 field goal twice in one night, throwing urethane!