Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you follow PBA bowlers on their respective YouTube channels?

Default How many of you follow PBA bowlers on their respective YouTube channels?

Talking about Brad & Kyle, House Bowling, Darren Tang, etc.

I think it's a fresh of breath air and a look into their personalities. Many of them are entertaining and great for growth of the sport.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I watch Brad and Kyle then a few others if they happen to pop up
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Brad & Kyle pretty much - like their sense of humor.

Ringer

Stopped watching Brad and Kyle. I have seen some of Tang's stuff as well as Packy/House Bowling. Some of it is definitely entertaining for bowling fans, although I am not certain it is contributing very much to the growth of the sport. People not familiar with bowling or just casual observers won't appreciate a lot of the content they are throwing out there.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I’m subscribed to Brad and Kyle and the House. I occasionally watch Beef and Barnsey, and Darren Tang. I skip most of the ball reviews, but really like Packy’s challenge videos.
    John

I watch a lot you tube feeds and follow all the players more for there ball reviews or lessons on ball motion and the mechanics of the game. I have learned a lot just from this and really enjoy it. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Chats: 204

Do any bowlers that I actually like have Youtube channels (WRW, Bohn, Koivuniemi)?

If someone asks me, "Would you waste your time watching a Youtube channel of a bowler?"...my response is, "Are they a Top 10 bowler of all time (not named Pete Weber) or Mika Koivuniemi?"

If the answer is "yes" (i.e. it's WRW, Parker Bohn, Norm Duke, or Mika Koivuniemi)...then I would watch that. If the answer is "no"...then it is a waste of valuable time.*

* Past and current coaches videos excluded...because two of my former coaches bowl or did bowl professionally and I'd watch their Youtube channels if they had one and it furthered the coaching path they and I already started.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer

A lot of the day, I have YouTube videos running in my background - B&K are in that list.

My 3 kids live on YouTube watching videos. I myself... Meh. I'll watch something if it's informative and I'll learn something. If I want to change a water pump on my vehicle or fix my dishwasher I'll go to YouTube. Aside from that I don't really get into all that.

I definitely don't subscribe to anyone. In the bowling world I've watched a ton of videos for learning purposes or if something extraordinary happened. As for a particular bowler and what they have been doing? That is more biographical... on rare occasion maybe. I just don't care enough if some pro bowler took his kids to Disneyland and they bowled with Mickey mouse. I have zero interest.

Ball reviews are also a definite no. To watch people that throw balls who throw them nothing like me I find rather pointless. If I buy that ball, it's not going to do for me what they are showing so it's moot. It's cool and impressive but I find little benefit. I've learned enough about ball specs the last few years to be able to make an intelligent decision if it's good for me or not. My PSO will also tell me if it's something that will compliment my style or be a train wreck.

I'm not looking to be entertained by pros unless I'm watching them in a match. Everything else is just fluff. If it's something that's truly a must watch it's posted everywhere anyway or I'll have coworkers or customers or my kids come show it or send it to me anyway.

Sorry, I sound like a major buzz kill on this subject. With my job and much of my off time (what little I have) I spend coaching/watching my son or just bowling with him. Plus I have to do my other fatherly and husband duties which leave me with very little me time. That being the case, that me time I don't choose to spend finding out what fro picks Kyle is handing out or how much weight AJ is benching at the gym these days. Don't get me wrong, most of the pros are wonderful guys and great for the sport and what they do is great but anything off the lanes for me is a no go.

I get everything I need right here, other sources and in person to get my fill. It may be unpopular opinion but it is mine to have.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Do any bowlers that I actually like have Youtube channels (WRW, Bohn, Koivuniemi)?

If someone asks me, "Would you waste your time watching a Youtube channel of a bowler?"...my response is, "Are they a Top 10 bowler of all time (not named Pete Weber) or Mika Koivuniemi?"

If the answer is "yes" (i.e. it's WRW, Parker Bohn, Norm Duke, or Mika Koivuniemi)...then I would watch that. If the answer is "no"...then it is a waste of valuable time.*

* Past and current coaches videos excluded...because two of my former coaches bowl or did bowl professionally and I'd watch their Youtube channels if they had one and it furthered the coaching path they and I already started.
    PBIII and Norm Duke pop up frequently as guests on various YouTube channels, and PBIII's son Justin has a YouTube channel as well.

The big thing these days is people are hoping to be the next YouTube sensation, and monetize their channel as either a side hustle or full-time job. There are some that are successful doing it, and others that just kind of look like fools doing it.

One of the original serious YouTube bowling content creators was Trey Ford. His sister Alexandria, also a bowler, started her own channel as well. They were doing all kinds of fun challenges and other types of bowling related videos well before the House, Tang, B&K, etc. were doing it. Now they have kind of moved on and rarely post much new content. That is how I see a lot of the current crop of bowling content creators ending up in the next 2-4 years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast