Oh - the new span is around 3/8" shorter. I had him lengthen it a touch from last week to last night - it's 1/16-3/32" longer than he originally had it and it feels GREAT. Last couple of weeks it felt like a house ball . . . going from WAY stretched. now that it's just a touch longer (and I don't know if he changed the pitch as well) and it's butter. No thought to hold it or release it - it's just roll the friggin ball off my friggin hand! So nice. No effort. I think I could bowl 12 games or more in a row. Not even pulling at my fingertips - my callouses may disappear! :O

I'm one of those who has a smattering of knowledge in a LOT of areas and can make connections - that's actually my talent, connections. I want to know enough to have a conversation with any expert in any field and not look or sound like an idiot. I also know what I do NOT know and am fine sitting back and absorbing knowledge from experts. I ask questions - I just want them to be intelligent questions - and I make it clear to my experts that I am NOT arguing, I'm conversing and I'm trying to get more info, more knowledge.

This worked GREAT with my orthopedics regarding my knee. I was able to discuss therapies and make the transition from bone to Cobalt Steel and Delrin much more smooth.

I take the same approach with my PSO. Once I get to know them, I rely on their expertise and that's what I'm doing with this guy. He really seems to know his stuff, isn't trying to sell me hook-monsters, isn't trying to change my game (but IS trying to make my game more comfortable. . .)

(as a corollary - I've been in the IT field for 30 years so I expect to be regarded by people that way. . . which never happens. Everybody knows more than I do about computers. . . until they screw things up. sigh.)