Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever...

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Anybody ever...

Has anyone ever had the urge to literally throw away all of their current bowling balls and start over with all new stuff? Every now and then that urge comes over me...just toss everything and start over. Then I realize how expensive it would be to do such a thing and the urge subsides. Just wondered if anyone else ever experiences that feeling? I am bowling well with what I have, but I still get that thought once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    Has anyone ever had the urge to literally throw away all of their current bowling balls and start over with all new stuff? Every now and then that urge comes over me...just toss everything and start over. Then I realize how expensive it would be to do such a thing and the urge subsides. Just wondered if anyone else ever experiences that feeling? I am bowling well with what I have, but I still get that thought once in a while.
    I don't know about chucking it all and starting fresh, I'm sure someone has. I've mentioned before how the guy who taught me took his new ball in the parking lot and slammed it on the ground bouncing it all over the place. Then continued bowling with it for years.

He's also been know to launch some on the centers roof.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I don't know about chucking it all and starting fresh, I'm sure someone has. I've mentioned before how the guy who taught me took his new ball in the parking lot and slammed it on the ground bouncing it all over the place. Then continued bowling with it for years.

He's also been know to launch some on the centers roof.
    LOL! I had a ball one time that I hated. I bounced it in the bowling center parking lot several times trying to crack it. That didn't work, so I took it home and put it in the basement for quite some time. Took it out one night, went to league, and shot my 1st sanctioned 300 game with it. Continued using it for a few months and put it back in the basement. It eventually cracked on its own.

LOL! I had a ball one time that I hated. I bounced it in the bowling center parking lot several times trying to crack it. That didn't work, so I took it home and put it in the basement for quite some time. Took it out one night, went to league, and shot my 1st sanctioned 300 game with it. Continued using it for a few months and put it back in the basement. It eventually cracked on its own.
    Hmmm…. Maybe you guys were on to something with the parking lot thing? We don’t need spinners, Alberon pads and all this other expensive ball care stuff. Just slam them on some blacktop a few times and you’re good to go. So much easier and cheaper! Who’d have thought?

Let me know if putting bowling shoes under a tire and doing a burn out over them helps. You never know! 😜

Ringer

Hmmm…. Maybe you guys were on to something with the parking lot thing? We don’t need spinners, Alberon pads and all this other expensive ball care stuff. Just slam them on some blacktop a few times and you’re good to go. So much easier and cheaper! Who’d have thought?

Let me know if putting bowling shoes under a tire and doing a burn out over them helps. You never know! 😜
    Too funny! I have seen more than my share of bowling shoes with duct tape on them. People won't hesitate to spend $200 several times a year on bowling balls, but refuse to replace their bowling shoes when they legitimately need to be replaced.

People around here do crazy things with bowling balls. Throw them over bridges into rivers [usually from a moving car as they drive over the bridge], throw them in to the woods behind the bowling center, etc.

I had one ball I hated so much that after a couple of different plugs and layout changes, and numerous surface changes, I literally threw it out in the trash can at the bowling center. Whoever emptied that trash can that night probably didn't appreciate that one.

High Roller

ok. So let me design a stand to set your ball on in the parking lot that has a slight slope so it rolls off. We can patent it and make millions! Or maybe 100's
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    ok. So let me design a stand to set your ball on in the parking lot that has a slight slope so it rolls off. We can patent it and make millions! Or maybe 100's
    Rolling it in the parking lot doesn't cut it. It's gotta have some force. Kind of a reverse catapult that bounces it. You want some road rash on that puppy. Then when you use it later you bowl great.

See you have to think big Boaty. Road rash.... road rash... Makes me think... Sean Rash... Okay I got it. "The Sean Rash bowling ball conditioner which brings integrity to your game... some day." See now that's how you market it!

They can build it in a fenced off area in the parking lots of pro shops and bowling centers. You put the ball in, it shoots it toward the ground at high velocity. Repeat as necessary? This could be big! If you thought about it this way instead you'd have a bigger boat instead of becoming a hundredaire.

Too funny! I have seen more than my share of bowling shoes with duct tape on them. People won't hesitate to spend $200 several times a year on bowling balls, but refuse to replace their bowling shoes when they legitimately need to be replaced.

People around here do crazy things with bowling balls. Throw them over bridges into rivers [usually from a moving car as they drive over the bridge], throw them in to the woods behind the bowling center, etc.

I had one ball I hated so much that after a couple of different plugs and layout changes, and numerous surface changes, I literally threw it out in the trash can at the bowling center. Whoever emptied that trash can that night probably didn't appreciate that one.
    Coincidentally, the guy I mentioned did the river thing (both parked and driving) and behind the center in the weeds and of course the roof as I mentioned before. I didn't realize this stuff was so common place, I thought he was a unique idiot? I guess not.

I don't think he ever was nice enough to put them in a trash can. No, the people at the center don't mind someone throwing a ball away. They know right away one is in there. As long as the bag don't rip their fine. It's common these days, usually they are cracked. Fetching them from the roof or throughout the property, yeah that annoys them.

High Roller

Rolling it in the parking lot doesn't cut it. It's gotta have some force. Kind of a reverse catapult that bounces it. You want some road rash on that puppy. Then when you use it later you bowl great.

See you have to think big Boaty. Road rash.... road rash... Makes me think... Sean Rash... Okay I got it. "The Sean Rash bowling ball conditioner which brings integrity to your game... some day." See now that's how you market it!

They can build it in a fenced off area in the parking lots of pro shops and bowling centers. You put the ball in, it shoots it toward the ground at high velocity. Repeat as necessary? This could be big! If you thought about it this way instead you'd have a bigger boat instead of becoming a hundredaire.
    I got it. Although we may have to pay royalties to Belmo and Aric Almirola since they have already tried it....
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

My PSO was told by his trash company not to throw bowling balls in the trash/dumpster. The trash company said they don't want them and will not accept them. Aside from donating them or using then for arts and crafts, what are we supposed to do with them? Maybe that's why this happened:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...ng-balls-house

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast