Thread: The perfect Seinfeld bowling scene...

Chats: 0

Default The perfect Seinfeld bowling scene...

George, his parents and Lloyd Braun (played by Sean Rash) go bowling

The scene starts with them putting their balls on the return rack. George whips out a purple Hammer and plops it down.

(Lloyd/Sean does a face palm)

Dad shouts: INTEGRITY NOW! INTEGRITY NOW!

Lloyd (Sean): Be careful Mr. Costanza, I've done the "integrity now" argument with the officials at the USBC and got ignored. That lead to my outburst on TV which cost me heavy fines and suspension from the PBA. Trust me... INSANITY NOW... Integrity some day! You'll thank me later.
    (Lloyd/Sean rings a bell)

DING!

Mom: GOOD FOR YOU LLOYD!

George: GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!!

(Above view camera spinning of George screaming HAAAAMMMMEEERRRR!

(Elaine at car dealer next door)

Elaine: What... was that?

Jerry: Puddy said there was a bowling alley around here.

(Fade to black)

What do you think? Can you picture it Seinfeld fans?

Ringer

The 200,000 people that watch bowling would get it, the other 25.4 million people that watched Seinfeld wouldn't get the joke. Plus it is more than just the purple ball issue that led to Sean's outburst. Now that Sean is throwing the UC3 more frequently, he is going to have to really temper the "no urethane" rhetoric.

When "How We Roll" (formerly known as "Smallwood") starts airing on CBS later this year, it will be interesting to see how successful a bowling-centric sitcom is and if they incorporate any of this kind of subject matter in to it. I am guessing that bowling will take a back seat and the show will focus more on Tom's home life with just random snippets of bowling subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    The 200,000 people that watch bowling would get it, the other 25.4 million people that watched Seinfeld wouldn't get the joke. Plus it is more than just the purple ball issue that led to Sean's outburst. Now that Sean is throwing the UC3 more frequently, he is going to have to really temper the "no urethane" rhetoric.

When "How We Roll" (formerly known as "Smallwood") starts airing on CBS later this year, it will be interesting to see how successful a bowling-centric sitcom is and if they incorporate any of this kind of subject matter in to it. I am guessing that bowling will take a back seat and the show will focus more on Tom's home life with just random snippets of bowling subject matter.
    I know the hammer was just a small part of his outburst, Frank Costanza on the other hand needed very little to freak out. That was the irony that Lloyd/Sean was trying to be the calming voice when they themselves had history going crazy.

Anyway, I just hope that Tom's show doesn't make bowling look stupid like it usually does in every sitcom. You know, the typical half wit dad looking stupid throughout the show and the dad looks stupider on the lanes usually blowing it if it comes down to him.

The only show IMO that actually pulled off a truly funny bowling scene was the show Malcolm in the middle. There was an entire episode at a bowling center with multiple story lines going on. It was brilliantly done, it didn't make the sport look stupid either. The dad was hilarious (He always was) and what happened to the son was great. It was a fun bowling themed episode.

I looked it up, Season 2 episode 20. Worth a watch

I usually avoid and comedy type bowling content on tv or movies. To this day I have yet to see "The big Lebowski" and "King pin" with absolutely no interest in ever seeing them.

Ringer

What's that? I click and nothing happened

High Roller

I have never watched Seinfeld so I didn't get it....lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    What's that? I click and nothing happened
    It's the 2 minute preview of the Smallwood/How We Roll sitcom. Doesn't look like it is going to represent bowling very well. Not sure why it didn't play for you. Worked just fine for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NV57nsBEiw

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    It's the 2 minute preview of the Smallwood/How We Roll sitcom. Doesn't look like it is going to represent bowling very well. Not sure why it didn't play for you. Worked just fine for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NV57nsBEiw

I dunno, all I had on my screen was a little piece of paper looking icon the first time, I clicked it and all it did was get bigger. The actual link worked though.

So it's a sitcom based on his story. It's a nice concept. I'll give it a watch. If it's based on his ACTUAL journey it could be interesting. The one liner was good "You were born to bowl, I bet when you came out 10 doctors fell over." Not bad. If they keep it like that and not show a bunch of silliness on the lanes I'm good with it.

It's a new idea for bowling that hasn't been tried on tv. The upside is that bowling will be the back story putting the idea into people's heads. It could help the sport? We may even see some of the legends appear in the show? Until it comes out it's all speculation. I guess we have to wait and see. Thanks for posting!