Thread: Moving SUCKS

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Moving SUCKS

Hopefully the end result will be worth it (so far, looks like it)

We bought a brand new (final inspection was Feb 24th) house - got the keys Friday evening - we are moving from a >1000sqft house into a 2350 one, with my in-laws joining us.

Yes, they're pretty good in-laws.

Yes, they get their own area - they get the "kids-rooms" on the right side of the house, we get the master.

But they have been in their house for 65 years, which means crap buried behind crap which is hidden behind yet more crap . . . :O We found a Yamaha L series guitar from 1974 still in box. We found a kimono that my M-in-law's brother sent back from Okinawa right after WW2. Just the stuff. . . and the dust!

So all weekend was 6am - 10pm moving stuff, putting up the fans, putting up the blinds. . . so much more to go!

In the words of the immortal Danny Glover - "I'm getting too old for this S" - LOL

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

When my wife and I moved from an in-law apartment into our first house, after the friends and relatives who had cart our stuff from one side of town to the other, my wife sat on the floor and cried saying she was never moving again. After 30 years she recovered enough to move to where we now live.
    John

Ringer

took 30 years to forget? LOL

Yes moving really sucks!! We bought a house close to the bowling center because it was the best center around. Sadly the owner passed away and it was sold to people who turned it into a family fun center. They took a 40 lane house and removed half the lanes to install a food bar dead center of the lanes. Took out the lounge to put in lazer tag. Now we hate the place so bad that we want to sell our home and move somewhere else. Sadly we are too old to be able to buy a new home with the prices of homes these days.

I am happy for you & your family that you got the home you wanted, that is awesome!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Ringer

Thank you - plenty of yard space (about quarter acre)

we JUST finished moving stuff from old to new . . . well, still some things left but the kids are enduring it. heh

Now to try to integrate and find places to put things away so I can get my garage cleaned out and the ceramics studio put in. We're running short of inventory!