Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBA bans Urethane older than 2 calendar yrs old

Chats: 0

Fun fact: yesterday we had about a dozen old hammers black, blue, red and others on our donor house racks as House balls. Today, every single one of them secretly disappeared in people’s bowling bags. I guess people grabbed them all up. LMAO

They were pretty beat up but it’s peculiar they walked the day after the announcement. Nobody paid them no attention before. I didn’t check other urethane but there are a lot of empty spaces we didn’t have before. There’s probably 400 or more balls out on our racks easy. Well… there was. lol

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post
    I guess there is something to be said about reactive. Since they crack well before becoming OG, you don’t have to worry about someone using one from 15 years ago, they don’t exist. lol
    Someone I bowl with is still using their Storm Triple X-Factor from 2004. It was their only ball until 2020 when the extra hole rule went in to effect. They added a Storm Intense to their bag after they felt that plugging the extra hole on the Triple X-Factor changed the reaction too much. Now the Intense is their primary ball, and the Triple X-Factor is either used for spares or when the Intense just isn't working.

I also have a family member currently using an original Brunswick Sapphire Zone from 2003. The ball still looks and reacts like brand new despite having hundreds of games on it. It has never been resurfaced, simply cleaned after every use. They also have a Brunswick Slingshot from 2010 that is still going strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12