Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer League for Boomer

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Summer League for Boomer

Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a bowler.

This is the start of summer league for us. Last league was terrible - I ended on a down note, on a new fit (which we've since adjusted) and a new ball (which I'm not overly fond of, but it IS kinda fun) and moving a TON of crap to a new house (my in-laws included and they can't help a whole lot being 86 and 88 . . .) so . . . here's hoping!

First - new fit. I had my PSO lengthen my span just a touch - probably 1/16-3/32" (1.5 to 1.8mm) - and wow what a difference. Down 3/8" from what it was for 25 years, then up a touch and it's butter. So nice. Will have to get the thumb opened so I can use some tape but . . . nice.

Second - I'm now used to moving crap. Still sore and still a TON to move or clean up and still a TON of work to do on the new house, but I'm getting used to it I guess.

so, first week - 639.

Game 1 - in the pocket, mostly. I did miss a 7 spare, which was STUPID. Bah. Dumbass - still, last four strikes for 207

Game 2 - YES. In the pocket the WHOLE WAY. Had a bit of a crowd for frame 10, but I hit the "bouncey" spot (33-34 SUCK - a big area that will bounce your ball 10' ) just a bit and it hit a touch high leaving a 4. Spare and fill for 279. Can NOT complain about that! (except the stupid bounce. . .)

Game 3 - transition. FAST transition and I didn't read it. 2 big-4s killed me, plus two stupid spare misses (3-6 - I HATE 3-6-10 combos. I need to just bowl 100 of them and just be happy) one being the end and I just whiffed. Stupid.

However, I enjoyed the evening.

I have a Nova and a Zen Master being drilled up to fill out the arsenal. I will be 15# for the three main balls, Zen Master should be the benchmark for me. We'll see how it goes!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Summer League? Seriously? My calendar says it isn’t even spring yet!

Glad to hear the new grip is working well.

p.s. our weather forecast is for snow from dawn til dusk tomorrow yet no accumulations.
    John

Ringer

I know - boy do I miss snow. sigh. Seasons. sigh. I'm a northern boy in SoCal. At least I'm not in LA.

This is the league that extends through summer . . . or something. LOL. I have no friggin idea. I just roll the ball between the gutters and hope to hit a bunch of white things!

Ringer

Hi I'm Mike and I'm a bowler. This means I'm masochistic in some ways. . . LOL We're STILL in the process of moving both my wife and myself plus my in-laws into the same house - they've been in the same house for 65 YEARS, which means that much crap! I'm sore in places I didn't know could be sore!!! LOL So . . . let's bowl.

Got my new arsenal drilled up so I'm now Nova (15#), Zen Master (15#), Diva (light 15#) and WD (16# old drill) - 9/16" shorter span which I'm getting used to but WOW so much more comfortable.

Tried the Nova in practice but it was so dry (how dry was it?) that everything was hooking at the arrows so . . . no.
    Zen was doing quite well. Little bit of getting together and keeping it in whatever oil was there. . .

Game 1 - Actually felt really really good through the first 9. Left makeable spares and just did well. Until the 10th - left it way outside and it just rolled out. 2-10. Meh - 214. Could have been 230.
    Game 2 - Carry on! Honestly, same thing, just left it wide in the 7th . . . 213.
    Game 3 - need to recognize when it's time. Should have either jumped left or moved to Diva, which is what I did. Bad split in 3, another 2-10 in 5, move to Diva. Lined up and went well until 9 when I left 3-6. For SOME reason I can NOT get the 3. DO NOT KNOW WHY!!! Sigh. 166.

Oh well - potential is there. Now to do it when I'm not aching everywhere! LOL

Ringer

Hi, My name is Mike and, yes, I'm a bowler or at least I try to be.

Game 1 - blech. Started with the Diva - seems the center has forgotten what oil is unless you're right in the middle. Still figuring out this thing. . .

Game 2 - figured something out. The way my PSO drilled me, if I TRY to make the ball do something, it won't. If I let it roll off my hand and follow through withOUT effort, it moves. Front 6. 5 and 6 were . . . questionable but I didn't read it and react which meant the spare in 7 and then the split in 8 and 10. SHOULD have been quite a bit higher.

Game 3 - balled up. It felt right so I moved left and went to the Zen Master. Relaxed and just let it roll and . . . well, not many strikes (just two) but makeable spares and a clean game. 193.

Ringer

Hi all - I'm Mike and I bowl.

Last night felt GOOD. Yeah - still tired because STILL moving and STILL doing crap to the new house but . . . felt good. I DO need my spare ball to get plugged and drilled, though. Having that one ball stretched out like that actually is hurting.

Anyway - game 1 - Zen Master - you can see where I was letting the ball roll vs. making the ball hook. Making it hook? Pull it left or swing it too far right and I get 3, 5, 6 and 7. The rest were pocket and relaxed. 211
    Game 2 - stellar. Left a ringing 10 in frame 3 and whiffed it, but was in the pocket the whole time, right foot on the ground posting the shot . . . 267. Just felt GOOOOD.
    Game 3 - OK, ignore first frame. Was trying to get scores for brackets and ran back to bowl. 2 and 3 were . . . borderline and the Zen was trying to tell me that I'd about used up its lane. . . but I was still in and around the pocket so I didn't change. I did change to the Diva in 9 and pulled out a 190.

668 total. More than happy with that.

Pin Crusher

Decent night!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Another up and down night. Well, Down and Up.

Hi - I'm Mike and I pretend to bowl.

Getting used to the new span STILL. There's potential. When it hits, it HITS. I get more messengers (and more comments about them) than ever before. . . but it seems like work. So much focus to NOT do the old and DO do the new.

Practice - had a great look with the Zen but decided to pull out the Nova to see how it hit. Well, it HIT but I had to add a lot more ball speed to overcome all of the additional friction. This means that I screwed up a lot.
    Game 1 - blah. 152. Just bad. I dumped the Nova and moved to the Zen in the 6th and dropped the ball almost on my FOOT and it went into the channel. Sigh.
    Game 2 - more frustration. Again. I moved to the Diva and tried straighter but it was just not happening. Back to the Zen and some little success in 9 and 10.
    Game 3 - some fighting through 4, but then something clicked and it just worked.

Stupid thing is that during games 1 and first half of 2 I was posting the shot, had my right foot on the ground and pinky toe - nice. But NO result.
    End of two and first half of 3, no posting. Even the last half of 3, not a lot of balance. I posted only 9 and 10.

Bugs me.

Ringer

Hi - my name is Mike and I throw 15# round things at white objects down a 60' wood-like platform. Supposedly it's fun.

So - we're still in the process of moving, and doing some landscaping in the new back yard (and ground in SoCal is HARD) so my back was . . . well, I tweaked it halfway through first game. I ground it out but strikes made me happy because it meant fewer balls to throw. . .

Game 1 - I ... Had ... A ... LINE. Zen Master, if I swung it just a touch, would CRUSH it. Then I tweaked my back and started pulling it and, well, that doesn't work. Couple of splits, including big four in 11th, but 208 . . . I'll take it.
    Game 2 - CLEAN. Didn't leave myself anything stupid. Each strike was nice since it meant only one ball to throw.
    Game 3 - was getting tired and hurting - BUT was able to be smooth, for the most part. Front 4, then started to pull it again (crapola) and got back to swing later on. (it don't mean a thing if it don't got that swing) - the Zen NEEDS to swing a bit.

Overall, 622. I'm good with that. Deviation between high and low as also nice. Means I was steady.

REALLY want to be done moving crap so I can focus on the new house and stop doing the heavy crap. REALLY want.

Pin Crusher

Nice night, and great starter statement!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast