Thread: what responsibility does a bowling alley have towards treatment to balls

Default what responsibility does a bowling alley have towards treatment to balls

I purchased a brand new ebonite hammer this week and used it once at the bowling alley that drilled the holes.
    Today I went bowling at my local alley and after a few throws I realized there was no wax streaks on the ball but it was getting pretty grimy with what could only be described as dirt.
    I tried cleaning it off with my towel but the ball was completely dry.
    After the second game I gave it a close inspection and found scratches all over the ball and a ton of this black gunk that would not come off with the towel and a couple of gauges.
    Pissed off I went to the front counter and explained that the ball was new and it was completely unacceptable that the machinery could do this. The girl was sympathetic and told me the lanes had not been waxed since Friday.
    I put my ball back in the bag and used a house ball.

What is the responsibility of the alley on stuff like this? I can accept that the ball over time might eventually look like this but I have not even had it a full week yet!!!

Chats: 0

some bowling centers have taken the we are not responsible for damage done to resin balls. they will post signs stating this usually at the bowl desk.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Take it to the pro shop and see what they have to say. Black marks are from the pick up belts and you get them every once in a while. They won't just wipe off, but you can remove them with rubbing alcohol or most bowling ball cleaners. Good idea to carry a little with you, too. But definitely check with the shop and see if they have a damage agreement with the center, or what they can do to help you.

Sandhills Bowling Center: We are not responsible for damage to balls!

Well, that about sums it up for you. Very few will fix your stuff for free. They'll almost always charge you.
    Follow Me: http://www.bowlsk.com/view-profile.html?user=2652222
    Current Arsenal:
    Brunswick Rattler (14lb) & Brunswick Viz-A-Ball (Brunswick Logo) (14lb) & Hammer No Mercy (15lb) (Soon to be Storm)

Chats: 221

We repair balls for the center i'm in all the time. The bigest problem is pe that want every little knick repaired whetherit's the centers fault or not. Balls will get knicked up when they go in the gutter . It's a fact of like. I have no problem repairing cible damage but some of the stuff they want fixed is stupid.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)