View Poll Results: What Bowling Brand(s) do you use?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hammer

13 39.39%
  • RotoGrip

7 21.21%
  • Columbia

8 24.24%
  • Storm

10 30.30%
  • Ebonite

7 21.21%
  • Brunswick

10 30.30%
  • Lane #1

2 6.06%
  • Track

6 18.18%
  • AMF

1 3.03%
  • Other - Please reply

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll of the Month: What Bowling Brand do you use?

Chats: 0

I used to be a "Hammer Head" but I am switching to Storm. Hope to build a decent arsenal soon!
    Any suggestions?

Mike Manning

For the last 2-3 years, I've been much less than excited with the offerings by the various ball manufacturers. That's changed in the last six months. We're at a somewhat unique point in time where most, if not all, of the major manufacturers have a good piece or pieces on the market today.

Storm finally produced a true heavy oil ball that has seen mass acceptance in the Virtual Gravity.
    Roto-Grip hit the jackpot with the Cell.
    Ebonite's Magic seems to be gaining mass appeal.

We see Hammer Vibes all over the place. Brunswick is hard for me to judge because I live in an area where Brunswick seems to be the dominant brand.

Personally, I use a little bit from everyone. I love the Storm stuff from 2000-2001 and still use a bunch of stuff from then. I was a big fan of the Hammer Diesel line and I'm glad to see them bring back the core with updated surface under a different name. Like many others, I loved the V2 line from Ebonite. They brought it back with The One surface wrapped around it. That's a shame for me, I never had any luck with those cover stocks. Columbia 300 puts out some exceptional stuff from time to time and I love the Lane 1 basic diamond core with the Brunswick PK18 cover stock. I still have a couple of Blueberries. I've even had some success with Brunswick over the last couple of years. The Smash Zone has been one of the best "control" pearls I've ever had. I'm dying to try the Elite Black Label - need to get my pro shop guy to order one for me.
    JJ "Better than Jello" Anderson - Kill the Back Row

" motiv "

Roto Grip and Brunswick
    INFO:Avg. N/A Righty,Stroker,Equipment Roto Grip,Brunswick,Ebonite 15lbs.

Chats: 221

Past years i was also Storm/Roto but for this year with the exception of my spare ball and the Motiv SX1 it's all 900Global/AMF
    Last edited by Stormed1; 02-16-2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 106

I bought my first ball, Roto-Grip cell pearl over Ebay about a year ago, without really knowing much about it

Then I bought a Virtual Gravity from the local pro-shop a few months ago, after seeing it in use on the internet, so far I haven't been displeased with it, though I wish I could exchange the cell pearl now, not my kind of ball I suppose

So Storm/Roto, which is funny because those are the companies that sponsor this site!

Chats: 2315

I will be throwing mostly Big B from now on. Maybe another company mixed in here or there.

Chats: 221

Quote Originally Posted by AIRBENDER View Post
    What's the oldest ball anyone is still bowling with? Is it still a good ball or has the oil patterns made it obsolete?
    I hsve s Gold Grenade from 89 i throw on toast. Oldest resin I still throw at times is a 96 Lightning storm. I also have a 1963 gold metalflake crown jewel and a 76 pro classic
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Roto-Grip= 2 Nomad Pearls, Nomad Solid, Cell Pearl
    Morich= N'sane Levrg, Solid Levrg

Roto-Grip-King Of Them All

Allen

Default MOTIV and Elite

I was exclusively using Storm and Roto Grip. Now I am just using MOTIV and Elite. If I rejoin the Tour I will have to go back to Storm and Roto Grip. MOTIV and Elite are not PBA Eligible at this time. If you want to try something new look into MOTIV and Elite. They are great.
    TEAM ELITE MEMBER

I am a factory authorized dealer of ELITE Bowling equipment. Do not pay retail! All equipment will be factory fresh FEDEX delivered to your door step. PM me for pricing!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast