Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
None of this ball stuff matters. Hard, soft, balance hole, no balance hole, thumb/no thumb. None of it matters. Regardless of all of that, someone has to throw the ball. They have to figure out how to play the lane, and then do the same thing over and over consistently.

If you really want to boil it down, you could start making an argument that people throwing 16lb equipment have a competitive advantage over people throwing 14lb, who have a competitive advantage over the people using 12lb, etc.

Bowling is getting bogged down in so much pointless minutia. I am at the point where I hope our leagues become non-sanctioned. I was once a supporter of the USBC and had some hope that they were the right thing for the sport of bowling. However they are not.

The equipment regulation isn't the issue. How about some sort of enforcement/standardization of the actual playing field [lanes]. That is the problem and that is what they need to focus on if they want true integrity.
I agree with you 100% on the above statement. I wish bowlers would stand up and come together to fight for this!!