Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody out there?

Default Is anybody out there?

It seems like, if Boatman and Phonetek don't post, nobody's around. Would you like one tip that is guaranteed to raise your average?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It seems like, if Boatman and Phonetek don't post, nobody's around. Would you like one tip that is guaranteed to raise your average?
    Well I'm here, I just haven't really had anything to say.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

High Roller
    Chats: 0

I still check in here a few times a day but haven't really bowled since my surgery 4 weeks ago so not much to say. But planning to bowl tomorrow night so will be posting then.
    But yeah it has been quiet in here
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

There are a few others who post their scores each week but for the rest of the forum there are darn few people who initiate any threads.

As for the tip, how many of us have to respond before you let us in on this secret knowledge?
    John

The tip is the one thing that has helped long-time bowlers more than anything else I've taught: rather than trying to make modern bowling balls hook, learn to let them hook. With modern balls, the more you try to make them hook, the less they hook. Once you learn to just roll the ball and let it hook, you'll be amazed at how much more power you have.

Pick a spare system and practice it.

Ringer

The tip is the one thing that has helped long-time bowlers more than anything else I've taught: rather than trying to make modern bowling balls hook, learn to let them hook. With modern balls, the more you try to make them hook, the less they hook. Once you learn to just roll the ball and let it hook, you'll be amazed at how much more power you have.
    I have to chuckle at this - because I'm learning it.

Last week, about 2/3 of the way through, it dawned on me that if I would just stop trying to MAKE my brand new balls and brand new fitting work. . . it would work. And it did. I went back to my PSO and said just that and he chuckled and said that, yes, that was the point.

So this week? I fought myself a bit in the first game and didn't change balls early enough in the third, but the second game - didn't miss the pocket once and only left one 10-pin (and whiffed it) - posted nearly every shot because I wasn't TRYING to force the shot or to force myself to post and the ball (Zen Master) came in like a wrecking ball.

So yeah - let the ball hook. Don't MAKE the ball hook.

I'm still around as well. I've been extremely busy at the center and have little to no time to post anything these days. I work very long shifts and when I get home I'm exhausted. I wake up the next day, have my coffee, shower, get dressed and do it all over again.

My few days off, as much as I try to relax which doesn't happen I'm doing things like taking all the pipes apart in the kitchen because wifey dumped an entire box of expired instant mashed potatoes down the disposal. Fixing the check engine light on the car or doing the brakes, cleaning the house. You know, all those relaxing activities.

Otherwise I'm practicing with my son or watching him in a tournament, Junior Gold, coincidentally all are at work. I'll post when I can Rob, it's nice that it myself and Boaty have been missed. Lately nothing post worthy really has happened that comes to mind at the moment.

Unless you want to hear about more bowling alley shootings in my area? Or morons who recently landed on Earth that still don't understand that a game of bowling is 10 frames for each person. 10 frames for 13 people is 13 games. Then get mad and claim they've never heard of that before, were trying people off and being racist. Yep, all of those. One guy who comes alone pays the same as 13 right? 🙄

As far as your tip goes, I agree. Now that I'm a lower rev guy than previously, my ball hooking has not become a problem. If anything it hooks more because my speed is also lower. I do tend to gravitate towards my balls that hook later now as a result rather than the ones that stand up early.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetek View Post

Unless you want to hear about more bowling alley shootings in my area? Or morons who recently landed on Earth that still don't understand that a game of bowling is 10 frames for each person. 10 frames for 13 people is 13 games. Then get mad and claim they've never heard of that before, were trying people off and being racist. Yep, all of those. One guy who comes alone pays the same as 13 right? 🙄
    This is becoming a major issue around here as well. People think that the per game price is a group price. despite the pricing clearly stating "ALL PRICES ARE PER GAME PER PERSON". The control desk/counter staff also clearly explain the pricing to every customer and provide an estimate of the bill before checking the customer in. Then a group of 6 comes in, each person bowls 3 games, their bill with shoe rental is $160, and they freak out. They pay and bowl and then they go online and leave a negative review that they were charged per game per person which is unfair and it is ridiculously expensive.

The days of the 2hr rent-a-lane special at our center are long gone, which is what is confusing people I believe. Used to be $70 to rent a lane for 2hrs (shoes included) for up to 6 people. Bowlero came in and killed that and went to the per game per person model.

Ringer

I do miss that hourly rate.

I used to come in with a buddy and we'd practice and roll a LOT of lines. Would have been prohibitively expensive had it been on a per-game basis. . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast