Thread: New Threads Bad or Good?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Question New Threads Bad or Good?

Hello to all,

For those who have not noticed, when you would come to BowlingBoards.com, it would be hard to know which posts and threads were new. But as with many things, we have advanced our system. So now everything will look new. But until you either read a post or click on the far side of a category the Forum Tools link and hit the " Mark forums as Read" this will make the category old and then you will only see the new posts and threads.

Why are we doing this?

I found that so many posts are being skipped and archived. This will make it where if you post something, people will see that it is new and might be able to help. Also if you have new news, PBA info or something else, everyone will be able to see it.

But you may also find this annoying. We will just check it out for a while and see what you think.

Please keep me posted on what you think and if we should keep it or cram it?

Chris - BowlingBoards.com
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 0

Personally I like it. My only problem is sometimes I start to read (during lunch or nutrition at work) and do not get to finish (the bell rings and the kids are coming in). When I come back all are marked as read, so I still end up skipping some posts.
    USBCBronze Coach
    UCLABruin Fan

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Lefty - ball speed as measured by Qubica 15 - 16 mph
    High Game: 278 High Series: 716 High Ave: 194
    Current Highs: Ave 165 , Game 268, Series 597
    Current Equipment in use:
    Brunswick - Fury Pearl; Ebonite - GameBreaker, WhirlWind;
    Columbia - Blue Dot
    Other Equipment used sometimes:
    Brunswick - Smokin' Inferno; Ebonite - Bash, Total NV; Hammer - Black Widow; Lane#1 - Viper

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I understand. I think before it would show read too much. Also we do have the new posts link at the top of the main navigation bar, but i am hoping this will help many
    Go Broncos!