Thread: Made a good pickup Thursday......

Chats: 0

Default Made a good pickup Thursday......

Right off the bat I might as well say that this was at practice. Well some of you might say then it doesn't count because it was at practice. Well to me if I do anything good even if it was in practice or league play to me it is still good. Well what I picked up was the 4 6 7 leave. Being left handed I stood to the right around board 32 and threw the ball just right to get the seven and hit the four enough to get it to go to the six and knock it over. Let's face it, you have to be pretty accurate to pick that up. Maybe some of you high average guys would say hell that isn't hard, I pick that up all of the time.

I have had times where I left the four seven pins and I only picked up the seven without even hitting the four. What are the chances of that? I know that I have picked up the six seven ten a few times during league. I have had times during practice where I had trouble picking up just the seven during practice or league play. Sometimes you have those days where your body doesn't want to do what you want it to do. I have seen pros whiff a seven or a ten pin. So anyway practice is for trying things to get yourself to be a better bowler. Maybe you are trying to have a better release or to get to be a better spare shooter. This is the time to try things to see if they work to get better.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

High Roller
    Chats: 0

yeah the 4-6-7 isn't easy for a lefty. Not very easy even for a righty. Last week I picked up a 5-6-10. Not as hard as the 4-6-7 but still not that easy
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Congrats on your pick up!!! Practice or not.. that is awesome!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums