Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Nationals...

Chats: 0

Default Women's Nationals...

Day one hosting this tournament and ask loving it. Met several of the greats already. Very impressive to watch to say the least.

You wanna know how to throw 20mph and destroy pins or throw a buzz saw down the lane at 600+ rpms? Watch the men.

You wanna know how to bowl using the fundamentals to be awesome because you pretty much aren't capable of doing what the men do by using brute strength?
    Watch the ladies! They know their stuff.

I get to do this for the next 79 days and see over 13 thousand ladies ending with the queens. This is gonna be a blast

Ringer

The women bowlers are always the bowlers to watch from a technical perspective. There are also women that can turn the ball just as well as the men.

It would be fun to watch. I was just looking at last year's results and it looks like some of the women, for example CDB, bowl in the event several times with several different partners of equal skill and fame.

The Queens event next month will really be the one to watch.

Ringer

Yeah - if I want to see HOW to bowl, I watch the women. Plus, they're definitely easier on the eyes than the guys, LOL.

I used to scorekeep and run brackets for California State Women's - and the squads that had the lady pros was SO much fun, although they were generally all pretty enjoyable!

One of the most fascinating women I met was Pat Turner. She going in the Hall of Fame and this is her 50th Women's National. I forget how many titles she holds. She still throws the ball beautifully and has a lot left in her.

A super sweet gal and a hell of a bowler. An honor to meet her and get to hang out and talk to her for a while. I'm really appreciating all this event has to offer. A lot of work to prepare for this event and keep it running smooth but it's totally worth it to be able to meet people like this and watch them do what they do.

High Roller

Not to bash anyones bowling style but I see 2 handers that crank the ball and within 2 years having higher averages than 1 handers that have been bowling for 5 years. The speed and revs they get overcomes alot of the problems the traditional bowlers face so yeah, lower rev/speed bowlers typically have to be better bowlers to keep up. I would imagine that trickles down to the one hander, hi revvers (EJ, Butruff) when compared to the women. And not taking away from EJ or Butruff as they are very good bowlers but for the lower rev/speed bowlers to bowl with them they need to be that much better from a technical perspective
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

For what it's worth I only saw enough ladies bowling two handed during the ITC/ISC collegiate tournament to count on one hand. It's definite more of a guy thing

Hmmm... I'm guessing by the lack of discussion with this topic that the women bowlers don't get too many of you excited bowling wise? I certainly am impressed as most of them can mop the floor with every one of us. LOL

Ringer

I much prefer watching the PWBA than the PBA, no dispute about that. The women are just more technically polished than the men. Unfortunately the PWBA doesn't broadcast as many events on television as they used to, and I really don't want to purchase a BowlTV subscription to be able to watch the whole season. Maybe if they eventually get an app for Roku or something that would let me watch BowlTV on my TV I would subscribe, but until then I will just watch what they show on CBS Sports Network.

I have been to a few PWBA events in person. It was fun. I have also bowled with a few PWBA national players and they were all very nice. They all absolutely obliterated the house shot and could strike at will. Although, I don't know that I could stand around all day and watch them...maybe an hour or two and then I would be out of there.

Chats: 55

My understanding is this season the PWBA will have 7 tourneys broadcast on CBS Sports. A month ago, my wonderful husband revamped our cable and now we no longer get CBS Sports. I am NOT a happy camper.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

High Roller

I watch whatever bowling is on TV. Heck, I'm even watching that show based on Smallwood...lol
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast