Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: <TAP> <Tap> <tap> Is this thing on?

Chats: 0

Default <TAP> <Tap> <tap> Is this thing on?

Man it really tanked on here. I know it's summer and all but wow! No posts at all except poor Boomer updating his scores for eons. Hopefully it livens up soon.

It's like this most every year. Personally, I don't understand it. I've never taken a summer off. I love bowling too much! Some summers, like this year, I just go out to enjoy it more. Other summers, I've worked on my game. For whatever reason, I just can't imagine walking away from bowling for the summer.

Chats: 55

Personally, I am bowling so poorly I don't want it to rub off on anyone, so I'm keeping my negativity to myself regarding bowling.

But, I will say - I really need to see some more postings. I like to read, especially, one's opinions, thoughts, and the different answers to questions. Since the lack of posting on here on the Boards, I now have to read Dear Abby, Ann Landers, and Miss Manners.

PLEASE!!! Help a girl out - Start Posting!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

High Roller

I'm not bowling summer league and no time for any extra activities. Just had a new roof put on, new siding coming in a few weeks, I'm rebuilding our deck, I'm rebuilding our retaining wall and I just installed a mini split AC unit. I also just tiled my front entry way. Oh, and just got the boat our of the shop so getting it ready to put in. Then there is my 40 hours a week at my desk. Not much time to even think about bowling but I do still pop in here a few times a day to see if there is anything new.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Personally, I am bowling so poorly I don't want it to rub off on anyone, so I'm keeping my negativity to myself regarding bowling.

But, I will say - I really need to see some more postings. I like to read, especially, one's opinions, thoughts, and the different answers to questions. Since the lack of posting on here on the Boards, I now have to read Dear Abby, Ann Landers, and Miss Manners.

With your high series and high game (a long time ago), and your current average, I would guess that there is some aspect of your physical game that is affecting you. Can you post a video? I'd be glad to take a look. Also, what kind of equipment are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    With your high series and high game (a long time ago), and your current average, I would guess that there is some aspect of your physical game that is affecting you. Can you post a video? I'd be glad to take a look. Also, what kind of equipment are you using?
    Thanks for the offer. I know I need to get some new video. Little time to practice lately.

I know a lot of my issues have to do with that damn "birthday" thing. In the last 3 years I have faced:
    1. Eye surgery - went from mono vision to regular vision (supposedly, but I still use my dominant eye a lot!), and as such the markings on the lanes are not always in the same place.
    2. Elbow surgery - had the dead tendons in my right elbow blown out, and building strength and stamina is taking a very, very long time.
    3. Foot surgery - still recovering so my left foot is sometimes in pain, and sometimes numb. A bit difficult to post a shot when you can't feel your foot underneath you.

I know these are just excuses, and I can overcome them. I recently decided to eliminate my extended push-away and go for more of a "drop" into my swing slot as I was constantly missing my mark to the outside. After 2 weeks of this, I have decided that was a disastrous move. Realized that the issue may have been opening my shoulder too much. So Friday, I went back to my extended push-away and attempted to keep the shoulder closed a bit more. Not great - not bad. Shot a 490, but couldn't carry. Only had about 6 strikes and about 6 too many opens.

Since the elbow surgery, I have given up my 14#s and gone to 12#s. I currently have 2 Storm Tropical Surges. One I have taken to 5000 with no polish (on your recommendation) and I do like the reaction, especially in the later games. I have another (drilled to move a bit more) that I took to 3000 with no polish and can use it if the lanes appear a bit fresher/oilier. I also have a Storm Alpha Crux, but rarely do I find enough oil to use it any more. All of these balls have the same core as their heavier counterparts. But I believe the RG/Diff all run about the same - due to the lower weight.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post

Just posted my first two weeks of summer league. I hadn't posted right after the first week because the scores, at least for the first set were just so embarrassing. I'll try to post every week, even though my posts are no where near as interesting as Phonetek's or Aslan's.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Just posted my first two weeks of summer league. I hadn't posted right after the first week because the scores, at least for the first set were just so embarrassing. I'll try to post every week, even though my posts are no where near as interesting as Phonetek's or Aslan's.
    I enjoy seeing your posts. Maybe I'll post mine as well....been a very long time since I did.

I sure do miss those two! They can post about anything in life and it would be interesting.

High Roller

Well I just got a text I'll be subbing Tuesday night so I'll be posting my scores Tuesday night...lol. Just hope they are good ones. The 2 guys on this team are 225 averages so I have big shoes to fill. I subbed for them the first week and only rolled 693 4 game series. To be fair though there were 3 pairs with practically no oil at all on them so I rolled 217, 191 then we moved to one of those pairs and rolled 146 and 140. Even my Raw Hammer pearl was crossing the head pin. And the guys before us on that pair are 235 averages and they were rolling around 170 on that pair.
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Thank you John, I'll take that as high praise. 😁 I'm just so busy all the time I don't have the time nor energy these days. A lot going on at work and quadruple at home. The one thing I don't get is down time or time to relax.

I do get out to bowl twice a week though. Sadly in my two days off I'm at work bowling so I am there 7 days a week. The one downfall. However, my wife and I are enjoying our first league together ever. It's something we finally get to do together. The other league is a sport doubles league with my son. That's more for him than me. Either way it's fun. Other than that the rest is just life, nothing too interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast