Thread: The triplicate

Chats: 0

Default The triplicate

Last week on the sports doubles summer league I'm on with my son I did something rather odd I've never done before. My first 3 games I shot the exact same score of 178. It's nothing I was trying to do, just dumb luck. The pattern was crazy and each game I tried 3 completely different throwing styles.

First game I was cranking it up in the oil and swinging it inside out. Second game I was playing very down and in. Third game I pretty much realized the lanes were toast and did straight up 4th arrow and fired it straight, I even consistently lit the gun at 20mph which was a surprise to me. I guess my shoulder is fine now or I'd be in a lot of pain which I wasn't. Nonetheless, each game ended with the same exact result. LoL Crazy game bowling.

Last game is irrelevant but I flipped the last two numbers around to 187 throwing normally and I whipped out the purple hammer. I was just trying to get through it and get it over with. Anyway I was wondering if there was an award for 3 consecutive games with the same score. Turns out there is a USBC patch for it. However being a summer league it's not sanctioned so no.

That said, a triplicate score had only been done once before in the history of our center. They are rewarding me $178 x 3 which is $534 for a prize. It's not coming from the league prize fund since that money is already allocated. The center is awarding it to me since it's a center record. The previous triplicate was 3 x 151. I thought this was pretty cool and I'd share. I guess all records don't have to be high numbers?

Ringer

wow - that's cool!

I've had one quite a while ago but my wife got one last year - quite a bit over her average, no less.

It comes as a great shock to me given the vast number and calibur of bowlers we have at our center that I am actually only the second one to do this in all these years. Definitely a first for me. For the record, all those games were 9 pins UNDER average on this league. My son and I only got 1 out of 4 points. LOL At least something good came out of it.

Ringer

LOL - yeah, they are rare as hens' teeth.