So, we're starting a second league in a different house (Empire Bowl in Redlands) and . . . well, what works at Arlington didn't work at Empire. Even my Diva was hooking off my hand.

Of course they're all sanded to 2000 or 3000.

But wow - I can take the Diva and roll it down 10 (maybe a little belly) and get to the pocket. I can cross lanes with both the Zen Master and Nova (to differing amounts) and get to the pocket. . . at Arlington.

The Diva - I had to set it down around 20, cross 12 but it would only hit weakly.

The Nova - ROFL. I could set it down at the gutter and try to get it into the oil and it would hook. Could NOT get it outside 15.

The Zen Master - it's what I used and I tried to kill it (but my wrist is still tender so . . . hard) and was able to get it to the pocket but . . . 6 strikes all night, none in game 2 . . . lots of spares but wow, what a grind.

Talked with the manager (real friendly guy) who at first thought I was blaming my equipment, which I am not. I'm blaming the brain behind the equipment.

But I told him everything is set up for Arlington . . . I have to extend the "range" of my arsenal so it can work at both houses. Rather than trying to hammer everything with a sledgehammer. . . I can adjust them so I've got a ball-peen, a cross-peen and a sledge . . .

Anyway - any thoughts? I really don't want to re-drill. I would love to try just starting with surface . . .