Thread: Bowling Bags

Chats: 55

Default Bowling Bags

What do you think the value of a used 4 ball Columbia bag would be? It's about 4 or 5 years old, gently used-not abused. Zippers work good. Handle was painted and shows some of it wearing off. Could probably be easily removed.

Also, we are in a fair weather area, so little exposure to rain, etc. Also, kept indoors, not in garage.

Thanks!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Ringer
    Chats: 0

That's a tough call. My previous 4ball bag (5-6yrs ago) was a Columbia branded bag. Always kept indoors, zippers and retractable handle were all just fine. The side handles on the bottom bag literally tore away from fatigue of the surrounding plastic. Picked it up to load it one day and it simply failed.

That being said, with new 4ball bags going for $250-$320 these days, you might be able to get $75-$100 for the used bag. It is 4-5yrs old, noticeable wear on the handle, etc. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $75 for it based on the age and previous ownership of a similar bag.

My current bag is a 4ball Storm Rolling Thunder, about 4yrs old, and while everything still works it is getting to the point where I am waiting for some sort of sudden failure and needing to replace it. These bags, in general, seem to last 5-6yrs before some sort of random issue.