Thread: Busy summer

Chats: 0

Default Busy summer

As the title implies it’s been a busy summer. The women’s nationals ate up most of it working through that. Shortly after a situation arose causing us to have to move from our home of 7 years. Not being able to find an adequate rental that was even close to being affordable in our area we had to look elsewhere.

I decided it made a lot more sense to just buy a house rather than throw money away. Still nothing that wasn’t a dump in our price range in our area. We branched out further and ended up finding our perfect dream home for the perfect price.

Somehow everything went very smooth for a change and we were able to obtain it. The downside was the kids had to change schools and it’s 60+ miles from our previous location. As a result my commute to work is proving to be far more expensive that it’s worth to continue employment where I’m at.

As fate would have it, the new home is a few doors down from a bowling center. It’s a two minute walk! It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what my next move was. I went in there and I am not the new General Manager of the center. I officially start next week but I’ve already unofficially started technically. I’m just finishing out my previous obligations to my soon to be former center.

Bottom line is I’m finally starting to live the good life. Beautiful home in a beautiful area, local job at a nice smaller center. The family is happy, I am happy and I’ll finally have some time to concentrate on things. That does include bowling which for some time I really haven’t had the time for. So that’s what I’ve been up to and why I haven’t been here.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Congratulations on the new home and job!
    John

Thank you. It’s nice to finally be able to wind down a bit

Congratulations! It really sounds like everything is coming together for you.

Yep, appears to be. Thank you!