Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there

Default Hi there

Hi everyone, I just realized I made my username five years ago but never introduced myself. My name is Lynda and I am a 57-year-old bowler. I am retired and I care for my 92 year old mother, but I bowl every week on Mondays.

I’ve been bowling off and on for about five years. I only have an 83 average so I’m not very good but I really enjoy the camaraderie and challenge. Due to some problems with my wrist I was unable to bowl last year, but I missed it so much I started again this year. I really enjoy it. It’s a good excuse to go out and have a good time. It’s a Afternoon league so we don’t drink (I don’t drink liquor anyway).

I am a left handed bowler. I currently use a purple 13 lb. Rhino With a fingertip trip. The place where I bowl has Old wooden lanes and older pinsetters. I tried to bowl with a lighter bowl but found I was overthrowing it and crossing my body too much. I don’t do that as much with this one.

I live in a rural area in the country, in Pennsylvania. I retired last year and I love living in the country.
    Thank you for reading and accepting me.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Danged Lefties! LOL

Good to meet ya! absolutely accept ya!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Hi Lynda. I do ‘t drink while I bowl either, but one of my leagues starts at 4pm and makes it worthwhile for the bartender to open up close to when we start. It’s not that my fellow bowlers drink that much but the mark up on alcohol is pretty hi and I think most of them are generous tippers.
    John

Thank you everyone!
    I’m actually glad they don’t have drinks during our league play. I can’t stand the smell of liquor anyway.
    But I do love their snack bar. They have great chicken tenders. I just wish they made pizza in the afternoons.
    I’m really glad that I am able to bowl in an afternoon week because, since I care for my mom full-time, it’s the one chance I get to bowl and not have to worry about driving in the dark. Since I’m out in the country, we have a lot of dirt roads and it’s a 30 minute drive each way. We also get a lot of deer, bear, and other wildlife so it’s pretty tricky. But I wouldn’t trade living in the country for anything.

League not week

Pin Crusher

I'm supremely jealous that you're 57 and retired....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Chats: 55

Welcome, it's always great to have new people join. Don't be a stranger. Oh, and don't let these men's egos run you off, they can be a bit immature at times
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Oh, and don't let these men's egos run you off, they can be a bit immature at times
    I have to grow old. Growing up is optional.....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Oh, and don't let these men's egos run you off, they can be a bit immature at times
    My wife says that I'm 3.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I have to grow old. Growing up is optional.....
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    My wife says that I'm 3.
    Some people are just like trees. They take forever to grow up.

I should know....from experience.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast