Thread: Poor Association Management

Chats: 55

Default Poor Association Management

We seem to have an Association Manager that is somewhat ummm....not doing his job. As secretary of a league, I have submitted certification cards/money, but checks haven't been cashed and the bowlers don't appear on the bowl.com website as members of our league.

I have spoken to one of the volunteer board members, and they acknowledge there is a problem and they are addressing it, the fact still remains that our league (and I wonder how many more) has unprocessed certifications.

How much and how does this effect our league? Our officers? What happens if one of these bowlers bowl an honor score?

I am giving the volunteer board member another week to respond directly to me, and then I think my only option is to address this with USBC directly. Agree? Any other ideas?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Ringer
    Chats: 0

The league bowlers should have their receipt/stub from their league application, so that should provide proof they are sanctioned. The local association secretary should have processed the initial membership applications and league application by now. The association manager is responsible for subsequent league membership cards.

If one of the bowlers bowls an honor score, just submit the award application as you normally would. Business as usual.

Our league started 3 months ago. While I am listed online as being sanctioned, I have not received my official sanction card yet so I printed it online just to have it.

You could always email the membership/awards desk at the USBC and get their feedback, but I am not sure how much help they will be able to offer.

Pin Crusher

I filled out and paid for my sanction week 1 of league. Just got my card last week....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

High Roller

Quote Originally Posted by Ryster View Post
    You could always email the membership/awards desk at the USBC and get their feedback, but I am not sure how much help they will be able to offer.
    I have not got my new one yet either. Our league started end of August
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Chats: 55

So in addition to my original questions, would you - if you are/were a league officer, report the incompetent association manager to USBC?

I, as a league secretary, feel I have fulfilled my duties. Yet, when my bowlers are asking why they are not listed on bowl.com, or why their check hasn't cleared, it puts me in a very bad light and an awkward position.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    So in addition to my original questions, would you - if you are/were a league officer, report the incompetent association manager to USBC?

I, as a league secretary, feel I have fulfilled my duties. Yet, when my bowlers are asking why they are not listed on bowl.com, or why their check hasn't cleared, it puts me in a very bad light and an awkward position.
    I would probably just keep checking with the board members that I know. I don’t know how much authority the national association has at the local level. It seems to me that your local board should be trying to replace the manager who is not doing their job in a timely manner. I doubt that National would be able to make that happen any faster.
    John

Ringer

I think after a few months of no improvement, I would contact the USBC.

Give the local association some time to get things in order - but if they don't communicate or improve. . . yeah. Time to go up a level.