HOLY FRICKIN CRAPOLY - what a bad experience.

So I've been sick for a couple of weeks. Head cold / sinusitis, then got a molar pulled which then got infection and bad antibiotics to good antibiotics to . . . blah blah blah.

Anyway, missed the week prior to position so needed to make it up and my wife scheduled it for Saturday. Got there - the place was SLAMMIN with parties. Awesome! I don't mind a crowd and honestly the families on either side were really sweet and courteous (probably didn't hurt when we gave standing ovations to the little tykes getting spares off their ramp shots - SO CUTE! ) so THAT environment was fine. Was actually fun.

What SUCKED was that the lanes were FLO-OO-OODED. I guess the party pattern was . . . whatever. Practice - roll a slow ball down 10 with my Nova and . . . didn't move an inch. Not. A. Board. Not even at the heads. Grab a 500 and scuff it up and, well, THAT hooked, so let's tame it with some 1500 (what I'd actually reached for but was flustered and didn't notice the lack of a 1 . . .) which then barely moved.

Not just me - one teammate who can only throw one shot got more gutters than she'd ever gotten, then more high shots as it bounced off friction at 1.

And carry-down from the plastic balls? Ugh. 156 - 189 - 160. Weird leaves. Pocket shots that left weird splits.

Was SOOOOOOOO thankful for regular league night! 165 (3 splits - stupid) - 247 (clean) - 195 (two single pin opens in first and second, STUPID. . .)

Anyway - just wanted to rant. We know now to do it early on the weekend, or on someone else's league night if there are open lanes.

Cheerios!