Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boomer's Summer Season

Chats: 204

MAN!

First off...consistent 200-215 games are my DREAM!

Second...all you needed was a X 9 / in the 10th and you'd have an elusive 203-203-203 triplicate!! Goddang that a been nice to see!

Good bowling (as usual)!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

yeah - was actually looking at that possibility! LOL - would be my second of the SEASON! (other one was quite a bit lower - and had to dump the fill to get it. LOL)

TY!

Ringer

Position week - did good. No clean games, which was a bummer, and a few issues here and there but good overall. I've been trying to work with the Zen Master, which is much more angular than I prefer. My Nova is a big arc which is what I like but . . . I need to get better with what I'm not necessarily good at.

Game 1 - nearly clean. Made a mistake with my ball speed. Meh. Left a washout. 220 - and we took the first point.
    Game 2 - other team went OFF. I had a couple of stupid opens but . . . 190. we lost the point.
    Game 3 - I did GOOD except for a stupid split (argh) - 233. We took the third game and total going away.

Good evening for me. My wife did even better.

Nice!

I love how your game is high scoring AND consistent. Usually amateurs have to sacrafice one for the other.

Ringer

Summer season OVER. My first season ever to FINISH over 200 (204) so I'm very happy!

Sweeps, though (local) could have been better. I'm struggling with two way too-strong balls (Nova and Zen Master) and I've been having a wicked time getting them down the lane.

Anyway:

Game 1 - slip in 2nd frame but otherwise bang ON. Tried the Zen-master in practice and it HIT but it turned the corner SO HARD that it was hard to control. Moved to Nova and it was more controllable. 227. Third high for game 1.
    Game 2 - two slips (3rd and 6th) and I'm moving left every other shot until I'm nearly up against the ball return but I pull off 200 even.
    Game 3 - now I'm tired (it was first day of classes at the college where I run one of the IT depts so . . . very tired) and running out of steam. I finish well but 176 only.

We took total for the game on our pair, which got us extra money, but not much else. I pulled off a 603 so . . .

High Roller

Nice. Just got my first finish over 200 also. Finished at 206. Fall league starts next Tuesday
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Ringer

I talked with my new PSO (nice guy) - he's working with my son-in-law (his span had been set almost 1/2" short so he's grabbing at it) and my wife (righty, backup) and he's making some GREAT changes for them. So it'll be my turn.

Working to get me a couple of balls that will get me a: a little more length and b: a lot more length. My Nova is VERY strong and aggressive. My Zen Master is very strong and VERY aggressive. At this house . . . I need at least one step-down. LOL

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Nice!

I love how your game is high scoring AND consistent. Usually amateurs have to sacrafice one for the other.
    I like to think both are possible....
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I like to think both are possible....
    Well, I'll let ya know when it happens. It'd be nice if it happened right around the age of 50 so I could join the PBA50 tour! Granted, my physical conditioning is going to really have to jumpstart...bowling multi-round qualifying...I don't think either knee would survive at my current weight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123