Thread: pba experience league

Default pba experience league

has anyone here had the oppertunity to bowl on a pba experience league? how have you done compared to house shot? I'm trying to find one in my area but the're aren't to many.

I bowled in one last summer. The format was 3 weeks on each pattern, and one on the U.S. open pattern. I ended up averaging about 190, which was high in the league, but about 25 pins lower than my house shot averaged. I also had high series and it was barely over 640.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

do you think that it helped you with your game at all?

Absolutely. It is a must to hit the same mark consistently, since even missing by a board or 2 either way can spell disaster. When bowling on a house shot, you tend to get lacadasical (spelling?) in terms of hitting a mark, since you know that if you miss to the outside the ball is going to come back. I remember bowling on the Shark, and if you missed anywhere outside, you could just kiss it goodbye. Ever shot required thinking and precision.
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jmainville View Post
    has anyone here had the oppertunity to bowl on a pba experience league? how have you done compared to house shot? I'm trying to find one in my area but the're aren't to many.
    my house/center wants a pba league and we have tried to start one up last summer and they said at the time they would get the patterns as close to the real thing as possible but they didn,t have th kegel machine to put the right stuff out there. so we ended bowling 12 weeks 2 weeks on each pattern and had a roll off but it was just 4 bowlers who signed up.. it wasn,t a real pba expereince league but what they put out there for us it helped me and i can,t imagine how much more it would help if i ever do choose to get on a true pba experience league..it,s challenging and alot of fun..

it helps....yes it does especially when it comes to nationals....
    Last edited by 11 in a row; 03-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    jason poe
    Personal Game Highs
    299 & 300 (Back 2 Back Weeks)
    Current average 209
    proud member of [U]bowlingboards.com