Thread: Success!!!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Success!!!

We had a local tournament - our new Pro-Shop guy ran a grand-opening tournament. 4 games and 90% of 220 and move pairs every game. The pattern was "Pattern 3" - 5 to 5 and 45'. (we usually bowl on "Pattern 1" - 10 to 10 and 40')

I loved it.

I typically SUCK at tournaments. I struggle to get settled, I struggle to find myself when we move (no practice shots) . . . then I get behind myself and flustered.

Not this time.

Game 1 - OK, screwed up in 3 and 4 but recovered for a 200. That's +10 over my entering book average of 190.
    Game 2 - CLEAN baby! 212. +22 so up to +32.
    Game 3 - 2 screwups - left a 2-4-5 and left the 5, then dumped a Greek Church . . . otherwise really good. 210 - up to +42
    Game 4 - FOUND IT. CLEAN and 256 = +66 so I'm up +108

with 27 pins per game, I came in at 986 which paid out $150 (for a $40 buy-in) and got 2nd in the third game sidepot.

I was VERY happy with my patience (except throwing the church - bah) and my overall bowling. I posted most of my shots. I watched the ball and actually listened.

I also LOVED bowling with my group - we were all very encouraging, we'd remind each other to do this, or that. "hit em all with the ball" type of thing. We went FAST - we finished 3-4 frames ahead of the next team, which makes sense, honestly. One of us got 3rd, I got 5th, another got 9th. We were pumping in strikes like crazy.

Chats: 204

Good tournament!

It's a lot harder when you have to move. It looks like you were able to zero in on the strike zone a few times...but moving probably jostled things "just enough".
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

that was my aim - don't over-think, find the spot and then adjust it from there. Worked.

DID NOT work last night - carry was blech. LOL