Thread: Updating arsenal

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Updating arsenal

for quite a while, I was able to work well with my Nova and my Zen Master. The center was using heavier oil patterns and weaker balls "could" work but mo-power meant mo-scoring.

However, it's been about a year and they've been moving to lighter oil patterns - not sure why. I DO know that they've been trying to standardize. New lane machine means more consistent conditions - and more patterns, etc. Honestly, I think that's why the pattern used to be heavier - the old machine was crap and the only way they could make things work was to put down more oil.

aaaaanyway.

Two very-strong balls are just not cutting it. I can up my ball-speed to a point but . . . to a point.

So - been talking with my new PSO (few months) about needing some versatility and length. So, adding:

Teal Rhino - LOVED my old one (need to find it. LOL) and a fairly basic weight block, medium RG (2.586) and diff (.032) and stacked layout should get me a progressive movement with power through the pins. Weaker than the Nova and Zen Master but still with power.

DV8 Trouble Maker - pin up and drilled for a dry shot. Smoother back end and good length. Big core, 2.496 RG and .045 Diff.

Then just need to figure which of the two "big" balls to keep in my 3 ball bag (White Dot in a single bag - can't get rid of that, LOL) and I should have (hopefully) a good little flexible arsenal. If I go to The Beast, I can take out the Trouble Maker for the other big bat.

We'll see!

What do y'all think?
    Last edited by boomer; 09-01-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Ringer

The Trouble Maker and Teal Rhino Pro are interesting choices for lighter oil patterns. You will have to let us know how they work out for you.

"On paper", the Trouble Maker is just as strong as the Zen Master, so all things being equal they should perform almost the same.

The Teal Rhino Pro should be way smoother than the Trouble Maker. It won't be as responsive when it gets to the end of the pattern.

Chats: 204

I bought a Radical Zing to eventually replace my Force Pearl. I'm just not gonna make that move until the summer season.

So, hopefully it doesn't crack between now and then.

Ringer

I tried out the Rhino - and smooooooooth is the word. Me love it - especially as a benchmark ball. The Trouble Maker was drilled and polished to give me more length. It does and it does not. It is definitely not as strong as the Zen Master but pretty close to as snappy. I have to work on that - but for some reason I did NOT want to let it out right . . . the Rhino? Sure. TM? Nope. No idea why.

League starts Monday and my bag will hold the TM, Rhino Teal and Zen Master (with White Dot on the side)