Thread: What gives.....

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default What gives.....

....with all the pop-up ads now? You can barely move from page to page without a pop-up or footer ad.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    ....with all the pop-up ads now? You can barely move from page to page without a pop-up or footer ad.
    My guess is the ads are paying the costs of keeping the site up and running.
    John

Chats: 55

The internet browser you use has a lot to do with the pop-up ads as well as the site. I use Brave when surfing the net, and I never see any ads. I usually have to jump to Google Chrome to do some banking things tho, and sites that have a pop-up to complete a form or something - but that's a rarity.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    The internet browser you use has a lot to do with the pop-up ads as well as the site. I use Brave when surfing the net, and I never see any ads. I usually have to jump to Google Chrome to do some banking things tho, and sites that have a pop-up to complete a form or something - but that's a rarity.
    Been using Chrome all along. This whole pop-up thing is pretty recent.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Been using Chrome all along. This whole pop-up thing is pretty recent.
    Interesting article, if you're interested.....https://brave.com/learn/disable-ad-blocker-on-chrome/

This is some of the article:
    Google Chrome has a built-in tool that limits the number of ads you see while browsing the Web. Like most ad blockers, Chrome’s service improves your experience by reducing unwanted pop-ups, and stopping noisy autoplay videos. And you can turn Chrome’s ad blocker on or off at any time. But note that this tool isn’t so much an ad blocker as an ad limiter. Many ads will still get through, even with Google’s tool turned on—ads that are both annoying and privacy-invading.

If you’re looking for better privacy and a better overall experience, you should instead consider a third-party extension like AdBlock Plus, or a privacy browser with built-in ad blocking, like Brave.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150