Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaching! (Rob will love this...lol)

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Anaheim! You're actually close to me compared to where you were - I'm out in Riverside (aka Mordor. . .)

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Anaheim! You're actually close to me compared to where you were - I'm out in Riverside (aka Mordor. . .)
    Is Sauron behaving himself? LOL

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I'm bowling at Concourse in Anaheim; two unsanctioned leagues with handicaps based on 100% of 220. There are no 200+ averages in either league. I'm averaging 180 on Tuesday, and I have the 3rd highest average. 188 is high in the league. This is one of the toughest shots I've ever seen!
    Small world. I started bowling at Concourse...my first league was there on Friday nights (Kings & Queens). Then I bowled one Thursday night league (River Magic). Then I bowled on Tuesdays (Vegas or Bust) from 2014 through 2016 and subbed in 2017. They had wood lanes when I started there, and put in synthetics in late 2014/Early 2015.

I agree, it is one of the tougher house shots....at least in Orange County. It just seems like, because the lanes are so new, they don't have that "line" worn into them. To put it into context, I averaged about 180-182 there and 180-195 at Linbrook (Anaheim). And if ya want an insanely easy shot; Bowler Fullerton I averaged 10-18 pins higher than other centers.

But, Concourse was nice. Lots of room, couches on all the lanes. The food and drinks were decent. I bowled there when Minh bought the pro shop from the previous owner and he's a really nice guy, works very hard.

According to Pinpal, I bowled 995 games at Concourse....next closest is 573...not even close.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Is Sauron behaving himself? LOL
    LOL - we did away with him a while ago - but the highway to hell (the 91) is still there. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12