Thread: Bowling Vacant thoughts

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Default Bowling Vacant thoughts

So we bowled the vacant team last night. As we bowled I got to thinking (as I tend to do) . . . and it occurred to me

We took about a half-game to get our crap in order. Nobody to bowl against (except ourselves - had to beat avg-10) it took about half a game to go, "oh yeah, we need to actually BOWL to do this" - we lost our first, then won the next couple of games plus total.

Looking at the vacant team, they have about 10w 30L - which is exactly what we saw.

I wonder - how often do teams lose the first game, then take the next three? Is this a real thing? Hmmmm. . .

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    So we bowled the vacant team last night. As we bowled I got to thinking (as I tend to do) . . . and it occurred to me

We took about a half-game to get our crap in order. Nobody to bowl against (except ourselves - had to beat avg-10) it took about half a game to go, "oh yeah, we need to actually BOWL to do this" - we lost our first, then won the next couple of games plus total.

Looking at the vacant team, they have about 10w 30L - which is exactly what we saw.

I wonder - how often do teams lose the first game, then take the next three? Is this a real thing? Hmmmm. . .
    Bowling against the vacant team, my least favorite thing in bowling. It seems like it should be so easy. Don’t even have to make our averages, just be within 10 pins a game. Still it seems like my teams don’t sweep the vacant team very often. It helps when you can enter the scores to beat, but the lack of a real opponent and the difference in pace still work against you.
    John

Chats: 204

Yeah...the pace is off...it's just hard to keep that same competitive focus when you're essentially bowling an imaginary partner.

The only plus sides are:
    - You get many more practice shots.
    - You get out early (especially beneficial to me as I always end up on a team that is the last 1-3 in the center each night).
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

While usually not a good idea, a small bet among your teammates will often give the added incentive needed to bowl against an arbitrary score.