Thread: Changing (decreasing) ball weight

Chats: 0

Default Changing (decreasing) ball weight

Due to getting older and a persistent problem with a pinched nerve in my neck I find I must again look at reducing the weight of my bowling ball. I have gone from 15 to 14 and now 13. I am wondering if I go to 12 what will be lost in terms of ball movement down the lanes? What other differences can I anticipate. I am thinking of getting a Hy-Road Pearl since it is a ball I have used at all the other weights and I am very familiar with it. Are there other balls I should consider? Believe me this is not a move I make easily but without doing this I am thinking of just giving up a life long hobby (79 this year). I have had a great deal of physical therapy in connection with the pinched nerve but it looks like it is not really going away. So any other information suggestions anyone can make regarding make a change? Thanks to all.

Chats: 2

77 years old, been through the same thing due arthritis, hand and wrist issues, 14 to 13 to 12. I have not really noticed any loss of carry or average. Don’t regret the changes at all. The 12 lb ball with have a weaker core than 13, but same coverstock, so I would stay with the ball I liked. I can tell you Brunswick family balls have the strongest cores available at 12 lbs