Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boomer's Summer 24

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Injury plagues us - one of our members also rides horses and was involved in a rodeo (I don't think she was competing in this event but I don't know) and her horse spooked, throwing her off the horse. She landed hard, broke EIGHT ribs, her clavicle and scapula and fractured her L1 and L2 vertebrae and got a concussion and a punctured lung (thankfully she was wearing her helmet, which she rarely does) - so . . . she's out. She THINKS she'll be back in a couple of weeks . . . ROFL. So we were bowling without her and her husband - so -20 on a head's up night.

Practice - I'm having issues with getting pocket shots to carry . . . Teal is hitting the pocket but let's see if we can get more with the Trouble-maker.

Game 1 - 4-pin, strike, 10-pin, strike, 4-7-10, strike, 6-9-10 (whiff), strike strike pocket 7-10. Ugh 168. Fighting to get the little adjustment. We lost the point BIG. One of theirs bowled 278, and the other three all bowled up. What ya gonna do?

Game 2 - start through the nose with a 3-4-6-7-10 then did OK. picked up 4 10-pins and a 3-6 to hit 208. We still lost. They are HOT tonight.

Game 3 - whiff a 10, then too slow and through the nose for a 3-4-6-7 (completely pull the crap outta it to only get the 4-7) and then similar in the 4th (but picked it up) and then solid the rest for 195. Just could NOT score high enough to beat them - they were HOT HOT HOT.

Frustrating night. I went through all three of my balls and just could not get a consistent reaction. I did a lot of different things - down and in, hit flat and left 10-pins. Straight and in - if I was PERFECT it was good, otherwise, pocket 7-10, 10-pins. Swing it - had to slow so much down to swing it that I would go too slow and leave nasty splits. I ground it out for 571.

Good note - I picked up 6 10-pins and only missed 1. YAY!

Avg: 204
    High Game: 300 (1) -- High Series (785)
    Mr. Teal (Rhino Pro 15#); Zen Master (15#); Trouble Maker (15#); Nova (15#); White Dot (16#)

Kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Good note - I picked up 6 10-pins and only missed 1. YAY!
    That's something...with my 60% 10-pin conversion rate...I'd love to make 6 of them in one night.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

yeah - tell me about it! I've been less than 50% for a few weeks, after not missing for more than a month. :/
    Avg: 204
    High Game: 300 (1) -- High Series (785)
    Mr. Teal (Rhino Pro 15#); Zen Master (15#); Trouble Maker (15#); Nova (15#); White Dot (16#)

Kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12