Thread: Arsenal 7.5

Chats: 204

Post Arsenal 7.5

I chose to stick with the Vintage Gold Rhino (ball #3/dry ball) and Force Pearl (skid/flip) for fall leagues. However, it's time for a change for the short season.

First, I need a replacement for the Force Pearl. And, those are some big shoes to fill given this is my 2nd favorite ball of all time:

Force Pearl
    Manufactuer: Pyramid
    Arsenal Spot: skid/flip
    Games Thrown: 88
    Average Score: 183.40
    First Ball Average: 8.82
    High Game: 267
    Clean Games: 6
    Strike Rate: 44%
    Average if I picked up all single-pin spares: 190.28

This ball isn't just "good", it's "noticeably good". This is the first ball I've ever thrown where other bowlers watch it's ball motion and ask about it.

In using my new ball selection calculations, the following balls seemed to be optimal replacements:

- Radical Outer Limits Pearl
    - 900 Global Eternity
    - Radical Kantana Assault
    ------------------------------------
    - Brunswick Quantum Evo Response
    - 900Global Zen Gold Label
    - Motiv Ripcord Launch
    - Pyramid Fortress
    - Ebonite Big Time Special Edition

The Hammer Effect and Motiv Crimson Jackal were considered, but the RG was a little lower than I wanted. The Hammer Black Widow Ghost Pearl, Storm Journey, and Motiv Nuclear Forge had good specs, but didn't seem like they would have the overall hook potential of the 8 selected.

I was very close to getting a Pyramid Fortress given the success I had with the Force Pearl; but the Outer Limits and other 3 atop the list had asymmetric cores...which isn't a dealbreaker, but I'd prefer the asymmetric core for a skid/flip ball. And, the Outer Limits is a newer release...so it's (probably) going to have the most advanced technology. Not to mention, the lanside review on the Outer Limits showed some "wow factor" as to it's hook potential.

Next, I needed a replacement for the Brunswick Vintage Rhino Gold.

Vintage Gold Rhino
    Manufactuer: Brunswick
    Arsenal Spot: Ball #3/Dry Lane Conditions Ball
    Games Thrown: 39
    Average Score: 182.08
    First Ball Average: 8.77
    High Game: 232
    Clean Games: 3
    Strike Rate: 43%
    Average if I picked up all single-pin spares: 188.77

This would be easier and there's a longer list of potential replacement candidates:

- Brunswick Endeavor
    - Storm Hy Road Pearl
    - Storm Electrify
    - Storm Electrify G-O
    - Pyramid Path Rising
    - Brunswick Rhino
    -------------------------------------
    - Columbia300 Messenger Pearl
    - Brunswick Twist
    - Ebonite Fireball
    - Hammer Ocean VIBE
    - Storm Tropical Surge Purple

The balls at the top of the list all had good hook potential, despite the higher RGs. It ultimately came down to the top 2...which I felt had the best metrics/specs. I originally ordered the Hy Road Pearl...but changed it after I saw the specs on the new Endeavor. In addition to specs, I haven't had nearly the success with Storm as I've had with Radical.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 204

These two balls were the first two balls (since the scandal pearl back in late 2016) that I bought from the pro shop operator.

The reasoning is:

1) This guy helped me touch up my vise inserts and didn't charge me anything.
    2) He's the only guy, in Kansas, west of Kansas City...who drills vise.

So, I kinda owed him and I want to do my part to keep in business. It's a 45-55 minute drive to get there, but he's a former PBA pro and he knows what he's doing. Ended up costing me over $400 for both balls and drilling. Probably cost me $40-$90 more than had I bought the balls here on bowling balls.com or BowlerX.

And, even though the "games thrown" totals are a bit low....it's kind've a deceptive number...because I don't think Pinpal counts a game if you switch balls mid-game. And since I never (ever) start with these two balls in Game1 and very, very rarely (if at all) would start with them in Game 2. So, they don't really get counted unless I start Game 3 with them.

But still, money is a bit tight right now...kinda having buyers remorse that I blew $400+ on balls I probably didn't need right now. And I doubt I'll replace the Endeavor for at least 1-2 years...since I rarely throw ball #3.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!