Thread: My Mar. 4 league night

Default My Mar. 4 league night

I'm going to use this post to plug a site that a buddy of mine on my "home" forums put together that I think many of you will find useful...I'm going to post the URL of my night tonight as I entered it on a site called BowlSK:

http://www.bowlsk.com/games/view-ser...l?series=58208

This site will track nearly everything in a bowling game, including (in advanced entry mode, which I use) the pins you left, stance and target boards, and quality of pocket hits (including if you missed). I hope the series I linked above gets you to sign up (free, but donations are always accepted). Feel free to reply with comments on the site.

Anyway, this night was kind of strange because I was still feeling a little sapped from recovering from a cold during the latter part of last week into the weekend, but I still managed a night that was 40 pins plus over my average. However, I missed more spares than I probably should have, and it could've easily been my second consecutive 600 series in my league.

The night was strange for my team, as well, as we didn't have our full complement: My team's captain and her husband were absent all night, and one of my other teammates had to miss the first game because of his job. We had to forfeit the first game because of the situation, but because our opponents didn't bowl within 50 pins of their average, they didn't win the point, either. We lost the two games we had our legal lineup for, so our opponents wound up with a 3-0 night (in a four-point league)...like I said, strange.

PS: BowlSK supports many mobile devices if you feel like doing your scoring at the lanes in real time.
    Last edited by Richie V.; 03-04-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Career Highs

Average: 197 (2008 summer league)
    Book: 183
    Game: 268
    Series: 694

Summer League

Average (21 games): 182
    High Game: 245
    High Series: 618

In the bag (15 lbs.)

Storm Hy-Road, OOB, 3 3/8" X 2 1/2" (weight hole on axis; pin next to ring finger)
    Circle High-Voltage, OOB, 3" X 4" (pin next to ring finger)
    Red, black, gold Brunswick Target Zone (spares)

The Tenth Board: A blog (mostly) about tenpin bowling in the Bay State's "City of Champions"

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Great site and tools. Very valuable for bowlers to use. We have a Bowling Score Tracking and Analysis software here, but it takes your whole score and breaks everything down. This score sheet looks like something you can use each frame? You may have to catch me up on it?

Chris
    Go Broncos!

Chris, most bowling score tracker sites I've found only track the game scores and average-based stats. BowlSK tracks frame-by-frame and will give stats such as percentage of spares made and such. My buddy also recently added (as a beta feature) a report that will show you the percentage you made certain spares (useful for finding out how consistent you are on, say, the single 10 pin).
    Career Highs

Average: 197 (2008 summer league)
    Book: 183
    Game: 268
    Series: 694

Summer League

Average (21 games): 182
    High Game: 245
    High Series: 618

In the bag (15 lbs.)

Storm Hy-Road, OOB, 3 3/8" X 2 1/2" (weight hole on axis; pin next to ring finger)
    Circle High-Voltage, OOB, 3" X 4" (pin next to ring finger)
    Red, black, gold Brunswick Target Zone (spares)

The Tenth Board: A blog (mostly) about tenpin bowling in the Bay State's "City of Champions"